We are currently seeking a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to join our Finance Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Who you are:
- A strategic and analytical thinker that takes pride in the quality of the work.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; can operate effectively with little direction and takes initiatives to improve processes.
- A quick learner and adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while meeting strict deadlines. Comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and update financial models with actuals, conduct variance analysis, find and communicate insights, and forecast future performance.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast.
- Improve existing models to increase accuracy and efficiencies.
- Develop and monitor KPIs, identifying trends and proactively working with operational leaders on opportunities to grow the business.
- Test assumptions and perform robust scenario analysis.
- Partner with Business Operations and other cross-functional teams to understand data and metrics from multiple sources and multiple perspectives. Leverage this data to gain insights and drive business decisions.
- Present the monthly and quarterly financial reports to internal stakeholders.
- Conduct ad-hoc business performance reporting and develop and analyze financial models to support strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO and COO (and their Teams!), anticipating queries and providing direct decision support.
- Prepare presentations for the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
You should have:
- University degree with a CPA designation or equivalent experience. MBA would be an asset.
- 3+ years of progressive financial analysis and reporting experience in fast-paced business environments.
- Strong financial background; exceptional analytical and modelling skills; expert knowledge of financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills, SalesForce and SQL query skills are a real bonus!
- Analytical and critical thinking with the ability to see the big picture while demonstrating strong attention to the underlying detail.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.