Clio is changing the way lawyers manage their practices and we’re seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our growing team in Santa Monica.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
About this role:
As a Senior Software Developer in our Santa Monica office, you will advocate and pioneer the product development culture and practices of a high-performing development team. Expect a fast-paced culture with the ability to transform an industry, and your career.
What you will do:
- Design, architect, and build software at scale. Collaborate with talented developers to build software solutions for the 10x of today that are robust enough for the 100x of tomorrow.
- Define interesting problems to solve. Use your experience to see potential problems before they arise, identify technical risks or innovative opportunities, and champion them in the team or department.
- Mentor and coach teammates and peers. Spread the technical experience, tips, tricks, and leadership skills that have helped you be successful in software development.
- Evangelize best practices and industry standards. Help the team and department execute faster and produce higher quality software through the use of best practices and established patterns.
What you should have:
- Experience keeping projects on track without oversight. You uncover dependencies and deliver the right thing, while managing inputs and outputs of other teams and departments.
- Experience improving processes to accelerate you and your team. You have seen good and bad process. You strike a balance that lets you move quickly, but provides guard rails.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with different departments. You know how to participate to help achieve the best outcomes on technical and non-technical projects and initiatives.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Typescript, React and/or Angular
- A champion for well tested code
- Being open, curious, and having a growth-mindset
- 5 years+ software development experience
Why join Clio?
Clio makes lawyers’ lives simpler and helps them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Santa Monica and Dublin to support a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries.
We offer a great compensation package, unlimited vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. You will have the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. You will have the freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive engineering group produces a better place to work and a better product.