We are currently seeking a Talent Partner (HR Business Partner) to join our Talent Partnership Team in Toronto.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Clio’s Talent Partnership Team focuses on creating a truly exceptional workplace that is both human and high-performing. The Talent Partnership Team supports this through forward-thinking HR practices -- providing performance consultation, leadership development, and employee relations advice to leaders of all levels across the company.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about high-growth, who lights up at the prospect of supporting new and seasoned leaders, and who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization!
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate as a strategic consultant to your business partner client groups by partnering closely with leaders in our Toronto, Dublin and Burnaby offices.
- Build strong trusted relationships and credibility across all levels of business line management.
- Partner with the Sr. Manager, Talent Partnership on performance management, talent, compensation and other processes as it relates to your partner organizations.
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and career pathing.
- Work closely with our Talent Acquisition, Talent Acceleration, and Employee Experience teams to provide a seamless and world-class employee journey.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of broader Talent Programs and processes such as Onboarding, Performance Development, Talent Planning, Leadership Development, Total Compensation, and more.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters and investigations as required.
- Travel, as required.
You should have:
- 1-3 years of experience working in an HR Generalist capacity in a People/HR function.
- Experience in navigating dynamic and fast-growth technology/software environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
- The ability to successfully strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees; managing through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and organization.
Bonus points if you have:
- Global HR experience
- Experience working with Google Suite
- CHRL, CPHR, SHRM, or SPHR designations
- Business partner experience with Sales
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.