Clio is looking for a Technical Development Manager to develop and nurture a high-performing, self-managed development team based in our Santa Monica office. We’re growing a team of A-player individuals that efficiently and consistently execute on delivering long-term customer value. Help us build a culture of leadership and high performance by fostering a safe psychological environment. You’ll coach team members that are self-driven and consistently push themselves to grow. Along the way - you will be supported by a world-class people operation team supporting new and experienced managers.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
- Contribute to, and have a deep understanding of, the code base and your product area;
- Coach, manage, and develop a team of A-player developers and tech leads;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions;
- Plan and implement team KPIs to track and measure process improvements;
- Elevate and educate our product development process within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of “No doors, only windows” and “Live a learning mindset”;
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop and execute on Clio’s product roadmap.
You should have:
- A background in hands-on software development, specifically with building applications at scale;
- A demonstrated success in people leadership, particularly using an Agile/Extreme Programming process with large scale SaaS products;
- A large and diverse base of knowledge and patterns that allow you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects).
Bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, Ruby on Rails, modern JS frameworks, and/or native mobile development;
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
Why would you want to work here?
We offer a great compensation package, unlimited vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. You will have the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. You will have the freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive engineering group produces a better place to work and a better product.