We are currently seeking a Director of Information Security to join our team in Burnaby or Toronto.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 350 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year.
Clio is seeking a Director of Information Security to lead the corporate information security programs development and maturation. This role will lead a team who is on a mission to build a solid foundation of policy and risk management to ensure the security of our customers and company.
- Design and implement a corporate risk management framework with supporting policies, procedures, and standards.
- Identify and lead efforts to implement effective mechanisms to drive business and efficiency through security. Lead the implementation of technical, administrative, and detective solutions to enhance the security of the organization.
- Responsible for implementing an incident identification and response program to identify technical threats to the organization.
- Partner with the product leadership to drive security and compliance throughout the organization.
- Promote security awareness and training throughout the organization, and instill a culture of security throughout.
- Represent the company’s security posture and assurances to customer, prospects, and external stakeholders.
- Manage the business continuity and recovery function for the business.
- Create a long term plan and vision for the organization’s security program.
You should have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience leading compliance efforts through various standards and certifications (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework, SSAE16).
- Knowledge of general trends and developments in the area of information security and risk management as well as knowledge of contemporary risks, threats and vulnerabilities related to ICT operations
- Experience identifying and implementing security technologies to enable data and infrastructure protection (e.g. firewalls, proxies, intrusion detection, endpoint protection, data loss prevention).
- Business focused view of security
- Experience working with leadership teams to communicate risks and strategies.
- CISSP preferred
Why would you want to work here:
We offer a great compensation package, 3 weeks vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We are looking for owl-drawers and team builders—people who work hard and play for keeps. We hire the brightest, most driven people in tech, and boast alumni from Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon and LinkedIn on our team. Come and join them!
Need more reasons? Here are some things that make us awesome:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Competitive health & benefits.
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.