We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team to support our financial operations and month-end close tasks. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. We reward people who work hard, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about a career in Accounting & Finance and want to make an impact. This role is available to candidates in Burnaby.
What your team does:
Our Finance team is hyper-focused on becoming one of the most high performing teams in the world. That means we work hard, play for keeps, and dedicate ourselves to making sure #TeamMoney thrives as we scale. You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
What you’ll work on:
- Work with two other Senior accountants to oversee the entire financial close cycle with a team of six junior/intermediate team members.
- Supporting the Controller through complex accounting issues, such as business combinations.
- Work with the multiple cross-departmental stakeholders to ensure the successful financial integration of acquired businesses.
- Overseeing the journal entries to record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses by managing the preparation of accurate supporting workbook and analyzing account information.
- Work closely with a high-performance team to ensure our monthly records are closed on a timely basis using the NetSuite accounting system.
- Maintaining and balancing cross-border intercompany accounts between our subsidiaries by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintaining the general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Preparing financial reporting and financial analysis focusing on key performance indicators.
- Preparing consolidated financial statements, variance analytics, and corresponding working papers and schedules.
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations of bank accounts to accounting system.
- Liaising with bank contacts on any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Owning our revenue cycle, including reviewing weekly credit card receipt to cash reconciliation records, ensuring all manually charged customers are accurately charged on-time, and assisting our sales team with refunds and modifications where necessary.
- Preparing audit working papers and liaising with external auditors.
- Preparing data-driven reports that contribute operationally to the growth of the Company.
- Testing and adhering to the Company's internal financial and operational controls and policies.
- Providing ongoing support for process improvement and change management projects as the subject matter expert on the accounting requirements through the implementation, communication and training for internal stakeholders.
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties, as required.
What you might have:
- 5+ years of experience of full cycle accounting
- Exposure and enjoyment of to full cycle accounting process
- Ridiculous attention to little details;
- The ability to wow people with your intricate written and verbal communication skills;
- A track record of organization;
- Experience managing and overseeing a small team and cross-departmental projects;
- Experience working in an office environment;
- Special tricks and techniques for multitasking effectively;
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals, specifically US GAAP;
- Excellent MS office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); and,
- A CPA designation
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.