Product Design Lead
Clio is changing the way lawyers manage their practices and we’re seeking a Product Design Lead to join our growing team in Dublin, Ireland.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether through our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our groundbreaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere, worldwide. Everyday, more than 150,000 customers in over 90 countries around the world use the Clio platform to transform their practices and expand their businesses.
About this role
As the first designer in this office, and as part of a self-sufficient EMEA product team, you will advocate and pioneer the design culture and practices of Clio’s strategic European expansion. Expect a fast-paced culture with the ability to transform an industry, and your career.
- Join a diversely skilled design team using modern design tools (Sketch, InVision, Abstract).
- Teach and learn from a team of designers on a range of research and design practices.
- Partner with product managers, developers, and other designers to understand our customers, ideate on solutions, and deliver impactful experiences.
- Lead design and discovery efforts for international expansion.
- Understand the needs of the region in the unique ways law is practiced to help set the direction for Clio in the EMEA market.
- Become an advocate for our customers by knowing them and their needs inside out.
- Work to better the craft of design across the design team and overall organization.
- Concept, prototype, design and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes.
- Conduct user interviews, usability testing, and analysis.
- Leverage metrics to drive product design and measure product success.
Who you are
A Product Designer (or similar role) who has worked in the industry for at least 6 years. You’ve lead discovery efforts, understood the target market and users, and have prototyped and designed solutions that meet both user needs and business outcomes.
You should have:
- Excellent communications skills.
- A portfolio showing UX problem solving and great visual designs.
- Experience with modern wireframing tools (Sketch) and the willingness to adopt new tools as needed.
- Strong understanding of web technologies.
- Design degree or relevant design experience.
- An innate curiosity and desire to grow: you ask a lot of question and embrace feedback.
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
Bonus points if you have:
- You have experience working with global offices.
- Experience leading and mentoring designers.
- Experience writing markup and CSS.
- Experience working on a SaaS product.
Why join Clio?
Growth and learning. Plenty of opportunities to stretch yourself, get/give mentorship, and move your career forward as the team continues to grow. We have a major focus on learning through training, conferences, books, and whatever else you can think of that’ll help you grow.
Be a multiplier. Clio enables our customers to get back to what matters to them such as helping their clients, growing their businesses, and making a difference. Here’s one of our customer's stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuvPxnVJWM
A great place to work. We offer a great compensation package, RRSP matching program, a fun work environment, a killer benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential.
Learn from the best. We value excellence, transparency, initiative and offer a work culture and environment that Clions rave about! We hire the brightest, most driven people in tech, and boast alumni from Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon and LinkedIn on our team. Career movement, advancement, and growth opportunities are around every corner. If you want to accelerate yourself and maybe even try things you never dreamed of, Clio is the place for you!
Diversity and inclusion. We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
Need more reasons? Here are some things that make us awesome:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options, and education spending.
- Regular team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with.
- Clio has been recognized as one of the CIX Top 20 Most Innovative Technology Companies, one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and Fast 500, and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.