Clio is changing the legal industry, for good. We are one of the fastest-growing technology startups in Canada. We provide a world-leading cloud-based practice management solution for lawyers, making their lives simpler and helping them build a better practice. Clio is a single resource that eliminates the need for multiple specialized applications by incorporating the principal talents of each - Our users love us! We were also recently named one of "Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures!".
Our customers range from public defenders, civil rights activists, students providing access to justice services for underserved communities all the way up to high-profile attorneys. The industry needs a truly excellent, market-leading product and Clio delivers.
The Technical Escalations team at Clio, as part of our Customer Success Department, specialize in solving the toughest problems our customers discover. We are consistently looking for ways to level up to improve our Customer Experience and are now on the search for a technically savvy leader to head this team up.
This team assists customers directly, and indirectly by supporting our frontline teams. This team is a key part of the connective tissue between Support and Product, including working closely with Product team members to take ownership of bug fixes big and small. Our current team members are smart, engaged and fun. We have the support of a great Product team and we are poised to see another hugely successful year in 2019.
We are looking for a leader who can champion the customer across the organisation and influence change in a positive and motivating manner. Someone who is not being afraid to admit when they don’t know an answer, but takes ownership of figuring it out. An innovator, builder, and coach who will work with this team and cross-functionally for the benefit of our customers. If you are interested in leading a team where you will interact cross-functionally, have the opportunity to make a big impact, and be a key customer advocate, you’re likely a great fit.
Who you are:
- A positive, solutions-focused leader with a can-do attitude
- A leader, a coach, a person with high standards who thinks like a founder
- A communicator who is radically candid and can express themselves in a clear, concise, and empathetic manner
- As passionate about the success of your team as you are the success of our customers
- A naturally curious person who has a thirst to improve and learn every day
- Someone with strong time management skills, and the ability to multitask
- Someone who can lead by example with patience, understanding, and compassion
What you'll be doing:
- Living and championing the Clio company Core Values
- Builds a Technical Escalations team that provides exceptional Support, revolutionise how we turn around Bugs, and positively influence our Product team advocating on behalf of our customers
- Be a key part of the leadership team reporting directly into the VP of Customer Success, helping to create an organisation our customers rave about
- Assist in implementing and then analyzing key metrics and other performance indicators and deliver strategies to improve service levels
- Motivate, engage, and recognise team members
- Conduct regular 1:1’s, team meetings, and coaching sessions
- Own initiatives around departmental and cross-departmental improvements
- Own all aspects of managing a team (managing time off, communications, scheduling conflicts, performance management, etc.)
- Drive projects for the betterment of the customer, team, and company
- Ensure Tech Esc are providing the highest level of service, internally and externally
- Ensure high levels of coaching, the right processes and the pursuit of an effortless customer experience
- Drive the usage of our KCS Knowledgebase
- Assist in leveling up our front line agents
- Ensure the fast turn around of escalated incidents and bugs
- Have the Product and Technical skills to be able to level up our Tech Esc team and support them where required
- 2+ years as a manager
- 2+ years in a technical or Product escalation function
- Customer/Technical Service/Support experience
- One or more of:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Development Bootcamp
- Equivalent experience
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with code, or in a code testing environment.
- SaaS experience
- Experience with our stack:
- Salesforce.com, GitHub, Looker, Jira or ZenDesk experience
- Interest and/or experience in any of the following:
- Web application security
- Scaling from thousands of users to hundreds of thousands of users
- Are familiar with Legal or other professional service industries
- Can work flexible hours
Why would you want to work here:
We offer a great compensation package, 3 weeks vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We are looking for owl-drawers and team builders—people who work hard and play for keeps. We hire the brightest, most driven people in tech, and boast alumni from Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon and LinkedIn on our team. Come and join them!
Need more reasons? Here are some things that make us awesome:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending.
- An RRSP matching program.
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with.
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.