We are currently seeking a Payroll Clerk to join our Finance team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popularClio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Why join our Finance Team?
You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparation of semi-monthly and monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner;
- Reconciliation of payroll and benefits, and manage the flow of information to the general ledger to ensure costs are allocated to the correct account and cost centre;
- Preparation of provincial and federal reporting and remittances (i.e. WCB, WSIB, EHT, ROEs, etc.);
- Assist with year-end reconciliations and tax form preparation (T4s, T4As, Form 2220s, WCB, WSIB, EHT, etc.);
- Monitor the email@example.com inbox and respond to internal and external payroll and benefit inquiries;
- Draft employee agreements and internal employee adjustments letters;
- Coordinate and process information for new hires, resignations and terminations (i.e. calculations, letters, and ROE);
- Support benefit plan administration, which includes the initial setup for new hires, employee record maintenance and status changes;
- Preparation of short-term and long-term disability applications;
- Maintain operating manuals for all payroll, benefit and insurance processes;
- Maintain an effective and confidential filing system for all documentation relating to payroll procedures and employee files;
- Preparation of documents for annual audit and other ad-hoc external payroll and tax audits;
- Assist in managing and maintaining the payroll and HRIS system, as well as making recommendations to improve the scalability and efficiency of internal payroll and benefit processes;
- Preparation of month-end and ad-hoc reporting.
What you should have:
- Understanding of finance and payroll services;
- An analytical thinker and problem solver;
- Meticulously organized and task-driven;
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.