We are currently seeking an Application Security Developer to join our Information Security team in Burnaby. Are you someone who’s always probing and asking why, someone who enjoys finding smarter and more efficient solutions to problems? If you have a strong operations background with a passion for security and experience in cloud-first environments, then we want to talk to you.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 250 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and implement tools to help developers avoid security flaws;
- Build partnerships with developments teams and provide expertise in security best practices;
- Contribute to driving security awareness and knowledge amongst the product organization;
- Provide detailed guidance and support to teams in vulnerability remediation;
- Identify and implement tools for automated application scanning, static analysis and related tools;
- Perform penetration testing;
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs;
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors;
- Elevate and educate our security culture within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of “No doors, only windows” and “Live a learning mindset”.
Who you are:
- A curious person who is willing to ask many questions;
- Someone who loves learning new things and developing creative security solutions for a fast growing, continuous integration environment;
- 4+ years experience in some combination of the following disciplines: web application security, cloud security, infrastructure security, penetration testing, secure software development, security tools development, architecture review and threat modeling;
Why would you want to work here:
We offer a great compensation package, 3 weeks vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We are looking for owl-drawers and team builders—people who work hard and play for keeps. We hire the brightest, most driven people in tech, and boast alumni from Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon and LinkedIn on our team. Come and join them!
Need more reasons? Here are some things that make us awesome:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.