At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
We are looking for 2 engineers with expertise in Python to join our team in Latvia. You will be working in a team of experienced developers located in Riga, who develop and maintain the infrastructure that processes millions of bank account statements a month.
What excites you:
- You will be developing, implementing, and maintaining our core technology;
- You will be creating world-class authentication flows;
- You will be designing backend to our data processing and product suite;
- You will be participating in the ongoing improvement of our engineering practices;
- You will be coding (mostly) in Python;
- You will be defining the ahead, finding the possible solutions, setting goals, and working independently to reach them;
- You will be managing resources, working together with Data and Infrastructure teams, and distributing tasks to junior developers;
- You will be streamlining the existing processes, researching best practices and optimising our product functions;
- You will be creating and improving modules and API products within Django or other frameworks.
What excites us:
- Proven work experience in Python development;
- Experience with Django framework;
- Experience in API or Web development;
- Interest in data engineering;
- Passion for quality software;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
Salary Range: €5600 - €7600 monthly (Gross)
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Learning Budget - lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.