At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
About the Role
We're looking for an enthusiastic problem-solver to be a leader within our Customer & KYC team based in Riga.
As our Senior Customer & KYC Manager, you will be part of the Customer Operations management team, reporting to our Director of Customer Operations and working closely with our Customer Ops Manager based in the UK.
You will manage a new team of Customer & KYC Representatives & Specialists and Team Manager(s) level I/II based in Riga to create a seamless and delightful experience for our rapidly growing user base. This team will work alongside our Customer Operations team based in London.
You'll help us to deliver an exceptional experience to our fast-growing Customer base.
We have an excellent reputation for delivering the highest standard of customer service, which is crucial to our continued success. We’re looking for an experienced KYC & Customer professional to lead our team and help us assist customers all over the world as we continue to grow internationally.
The position is expected to be based in the Riga office during the initial stages of establishing the team.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring the KYC & Customer team to deliver sensational customer service
- Collaborating with our Engineering team to find and make improvements to how we work
- Obsessing over analytics to identify ways to deliver ambitious performance metrics
- Owning the Executive level reporting for the Customer Operations Function, from determining KPIs to analysing issues and presenting to the wider business monthly
- Owning our Help Desk system (Zendesk), driving improvements, ensuring the process is optimised and run smoothly
- Innovate and always thinking about the next development of our offering
- Attracting, hiring and retaining great talent to expand the team quickly as required
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across the business
- Writing and editing documentation and training materials
- Understanding the variations of roles of the team you’re managing
- Ensuring your team is being developed and has development plans in place
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience leading regulatory compliance function and providing accurate, complete and timely advice to stakeholder requests
- Experience in managing managers/supervisors
- Proven technical aptitude and product-focused
- Proficient in Excel and experience using reporting tools independently to create and manage team metrics
- Experience supporting Enterprise customers
- You are passionate about Customer Experience and Compliance
This role ideally suits someone who has worked in a compliant and high-growth business. However, our team comes from various backgrounds, and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Monthly salary range - between 3,470 - 4,690 Euros
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Learning Budget - lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.