Here at GoCardless, we’re building the world’s bank payment network. Bringing simple and secure direct bank payment solutions for people and businesses everywhere, as well as making open banking more accessible. GoCardless is used by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion of payments across 30 countries.
We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York.
This role is maternity cover for our Senior Manager, Incident Response. You’ll lead the incident management programme that helps us achieve our Risk mission. This includes a team of volunteer incident response managers and two Incident Response Managers in Riga, Latvia.
- Creating, running and improving the processes that keep our incident management programme on track, coordinating the efforts of team members focused on fixing the problem, preventing further harm and learning from incidents.
- Defining and tracking meaningful incident metrics, and communicating them in a way that helps us understand our risk profile.
- Operating and improving best-in-class incident management tools.
- Being a champion for risk in the company, promoting a culture of proactive risk management, help embed it into our operating model, and communicate frequently to ensure enthusiasm, support and progress for enterprise risk management across the organisation.
What excites you
- You’re excited to help set up our new Incident Response team in Riga
- The opportunity to work on a variety of incident projects and collaborate with various teams across the business
- Making a positive impact in a role that contributes greatly to the future success of GoCardless
- You enjoy finding new tools and exploring new data sets to generate meaningful insights.
What excites us
- You know what works to manage incident responders, how incident response feeds into overall enterprise risk management processes, and how the tools work.
- You have experience running major scale incidents to containment and recovery
- You are good at designing and running efficient operational processes and have a mindset for continuous improvement
- You have strong stakeholder management experience, able to keep them informed and engaged with clear communication and concrete objectives.
- You savour a challenge, don’t get disheartened easily and drive projects through to completion.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - gives you the option to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Learning Budget - lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.