We're a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers' bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 80,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$30 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We're headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France, Latvia and the United States.
To enable and empower everyone at GoCardless to do their best work through innovation - with simple, reliable tools wrapped in world class support
The Business Systems & IT Team at GoCardless cares deeply about the experience we provide, from day one, we act with people’s best interest at heart: we enable GoCardless’ employees’ to focus on what matters most to them either automating daily needs or enabling them to self-serve, we provide them with the best tools to do their best work.
As a Technical Analyst - Finance Systems, you will report into our IT Director but work primarily with the Finance Team. You will be responsible for ensuring our finance systems support key business processes increasing efficiency, providing better data, and adding integration to allow the efficient flow through multiple applications and systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with stakeholders to understand the current landscape, and then assess, design and execute processes, technical changes and projects to make us more efficient. You will be exceptional at capturing requirements, identifying problems or opportunities for system / process improvement. You will be an excellent communicator and care deeply about internal customer experience.
In this role you will
- Work with Finance Team to understand current business processes, looking for opportunities to improve and automate them
- Gather stakeholder requirements and work with peers to build a roadmap
- Help build business cases to support change/ project prioritisation
- Have Technical ownership of internal systems and tools used by the Finance Team - ensuring where applicable these systems are integrated.
- Own design and execution of technical changes to support Finance strategy
- Research, analyse and implement new tools to optimise our system architecture
- Create and maintain documentation for these systems and processes
- Work with other technology functions within the organisation to achieve key success criteria
- Work with BI, Servicedesk and Corporate Services teams
You will also be a contributor to
- Defining and measuring success against key operational metrics for Finance
- The growth and scalability wider IT and Business Systems team
The main technologies you will work with include:
- PBCS / Management Reporting
- Billing System
- Procurement tools
- Contract Lifecycle Management - Ideally
Experience you will have:
- Leading and delivering change in Finance systems
- Helping to design finance related processes
- Helping to design finance system architecture
- Understanding of P2P and Billing processes
- Understanding of GL systems
What we have to offer
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget.
- A clear career progression: paths for managers and individual contributors, opportunities for growth and leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership of Stakeholder relations with Finance
- A fantastic opportunity to help shape and deliver the finance systems in a growing FinTech as we review our current architecture and make plans for the future
- Good work-life balance
Our team comes from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. Even if your experience doesn’t tick all of the boxes, please apply - we’d love to hear from you.
Life at GoCardless
When it comes to culture, we're proud of what we call the 'GC magic'. It's primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They've been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we're now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world's bank payment network, we're working at pace. To help clear the path to success - so any obstacles and blockers don't slow us down - we've introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They're designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There's lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led 'employee resource groups' (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, Mindful and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We've also rolled out our 'Adaptive Working' and 'Work Away' schemes. Adaptive Working allows you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring our teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
You'll receive equity in the company. Having this 'buy in' is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
There's also our legendary 'GC Fridays'. They're four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone's hard work and commitment.