We're a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers' bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 80,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$30 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We're headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France and the United States.
Your responsibilities as our first SDR for the Spanish market will be to prospect and qualify opportunities with senior decision makers in businesses across Spain. You will work 1:1 with an experienced Sales Account Executive to own and help us build out this market from a relatively blank canvas.
This role will be part of an established, high performing Southern Europe team that consistently overachieve against their targets.
You will be responsible for introducing GoCardless to new prospects, identifying the client's pains, uncovering opportunities, and growing the pipeline through email outreach, LinkedIn messaging, video and phone calls. This will entail researching and identifying relevant stakeholders in the sales decision-making process.
This role will primarily be an outbound position to;
- Introduce how GoCardless can make a real difference to businesses across Spain
- Passionately articulate GoCardless’ value proposition in this new market for us
- Nurture prospects until they become a fully qualified lead
- Think creatively about how best to engage new customers
- Maintain and track your activity on Salesforce.com
- Develop the skills necessary for promotion to a closing or leadership position
- Experience in an outbound lead generation role
- Native Spanish and fluent English. Additional fluency in French is desirable
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a hunger to succeed
- Experience using Salesforce, working in a start-up or FinTech company are all beneficial but not required
- Keen interest in FinTech/ understanding of the payments space
- You are good at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates. We pride ourselves on positivity and camaraderie
- You embody the core values of GoCardless (Be Humble, Care Deeply, Act with Integrity, Start with Why)
Although this position requires Spanish language skills, please submit your CV in English.
Life at GoCardless
When it comes to culture, we're proud of what we call the 'GC magic'. It's primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They've been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we're now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world's account-to-account payment network, we're working at pace. To help clear the path to success - so any obstacles and blockers don't slow us down - we've introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They're designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There's lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led 'employee resource groups' (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, Mindful and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We've also rolled out our 'Adaptive Working' and 'Work Away' schemes. Adaptive Working allows you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring our teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
We also offer enhanced parental leave, pension packages, and you'll receive equity. Having this 'buy in' is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
There's also our legendary 'GC Fridays'. They're four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone's hard work and commitment.