We're a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers' bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 80,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$30 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We're headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France and the United States.
The Southern EMEA team is looking for hyper talented and motivated Sales people to grow our business out of our brand new office located at the heart of Paris. The team is growing fast as GoCardless solves a key challenge for all businesses: getting paid faster. This role is a unique opportunity to participate in the massive growth we’re seeing in France and to join a rapidly expanding team.
- Closing multi-territory, multi-year deals with fast growing companies
- Identifying a set of accounts that meet this criteria
- Developing account plans, working with stakeholders in marketing to deliver those plans and building your network within those accounts
- Selling the value of our global payments platform and then developing opportunities through negotiation and contract closure
As an Account Executive, we want to give you all of the tools and skills you need to succeed and thrive. We run frequent sales training sessions across a range of topics - from best outreach practices to negotiation skills. In addition, you will be encouraged to identify skills you want to improve and we'll work with you to develop a plan to improve them
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, consistent track record of building positive relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Experience in a full-stack sales role, building pipeline and closing opportunities
- Experience in a high velocity inside sales team, creating SQLs and closing multiple opportunities in a month
- Demonstrated consistent quota achievement across multiple quarters in a multitude of sales cycles (ranging from 1 week to 3 months)
- Strong experience in Sales and Business Development
- Demonstrated a high degree of analytical skills
- Team player
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, and our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if you’re unsure please apply!
Life at GoCardless
When it comes to culture, we're proud of what we call the 'GC magic'. It's primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They've been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we're now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world's account-to-account payment network, we're working at pace. To help clear the path to success - so any obstacles and blockers don't slow us down - we've introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They're designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There's lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led 'employee resource groups' (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, Mindful and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We've also rolled out our 'Adaptive Working' and 'Work Away' schemes. Adaptive Working allows you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring our teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
We also offer enhanced parental leave, pension packages, and you'll receive equity. Having this 'buy in' is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
There's also our legendary 'GC Fridays'. They're four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone's hard work and commitment.