Senior Product Designer - Small Business Partnerships
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
Product Designer at GoCardless
We believe in making lives easier by building outstanding experiences. For many of our Small Business customers, in particular, the GoCardless product is experienced through integrations built by third party software companies. We want to ensure this experience is just as great as we strive to make it in-house, and that our partners have all the tools and support they need to make this possible.
We’re looking for someone to join the design function to help develop our approach to working with external partners on product design. You’ll interrogate data and uncover new insights to develop tools and materials which enable partners to build high quality integrations. You’ll work directly with external partners as they both build and develop their products, and spot new opportunities to maximise the success of our integrations.
This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with commercial Partner Account Managers, Product teams, Solutions Engineers and external stakeholders. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll take the lead on development across the whole design process, straddling both the Design and Partnerships functions.
Small Business Partnerships is a key growth engine for GoCardless, and this role is an opportunity to have a large impact on the success of the function.
Build our understanding and playbook
- You will be partnering across the business with commercial and product stakeholders to drive research pieces that uncover customer problems and define our customers' and our partners’ jobs.
- You will be interrogating data points and behavioural patterns, turning these into opportunities for product improvements that drive value for both our users and our partners
- You will be building the external facing playbook for partner product design, taking into account our priority segments and the capabilities of our partners’ products
- You will be drawing on experience, knowledge, and data, to help define the future landscape of the GoCardless partner platform and technical certification programme
Help partners build and update great integrations
- Utilising your insights you will spot opportunities for partners to improve their integrations
- Working closely with commercial partner account managers and technical leads you will present opportunities for improvement directly to external partners
- You will work directly with our external partners, including both product and commercial stakeholders, to iterate designs and implement changes within partner products
- You will be accountable for crafting best-in-class visuals and experiences any products you work on
- You will be using your Figma expertise to streamline workflows and create varied projects from wireframes to highly polished prototypes.
- You will be a contributor to the GoCardless design system, promoting its usage, defining and contributing to the libraries, and managing the versioning workflow.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from underrepresented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process, we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally, we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.