At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 600 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control and Reporting, the Finance Manager will be a technical accounting expert for the group and play a key role in the preparation of the group’s annual consolidated financial statements and regulatory reporting.
Some of the principle activities you will be responsible for include:
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual group consolidated accounts of GoCardless Ltd and of the statutory accounts of subsidiaries, as well as regulatory reporting for the FCA and the ACPR.
- Review controls performance of the safeguarding process, update policies and training materials
- Document accounting processes and participation in the development of a group accounting policy manual
- Participation in the cash flow management strategy, improvement of cash flow statement & forecast, investment benchmarking and foreign currency hedging
- Support in the development of the financial control and reporting framework to ensure its suitability for the next stage of GoCardless’s growth.
- Participation in projects and initiatives to support business requirements, as well as improvement in the Finance department IT environment.
What we’re looking for:
- You have substantial experience (3-5 years) in a similar position or a prior audit experience in a Big 4.
- You are a financial accountant, with demonstrable knowledge of statutory reporting, French GAAP, IFRS standards and developing accounting policy.
- You will have proven skill in analysing processes with the delivery of process simplification and improvement through automation/ system development.
- In addition to your technical expertise, you will be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex concepts to non experts. You will be collaborative in your approach.
- You have integrity and an analytical approach
- You are fluent in French and English
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a fast-growing scaleup environment.
- Experience in fintech/payments.
- Experience in cash flow management
- Knowledge of US GAAP & PCEC accounting
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.