At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
The Credit Risk team
Be a part of building a world-class credit risk function at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high growth fintech company. The Credit Risk team must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains an innovative data-driven credit risk strategy.
What you will be doing
- Develop, monitor and optimize our credit risk framework using cutting edge analytical techniques that deliver effective and appropriate controls
- Utilize your credit risk knowledge to support the development of best in class credit risk strategies, policies and controls
- Play a key role in introducing and monitoring key risk indicators, interpreting and extracting qualitative and quantitative information into the tools we will use to drive and balance the portfolio risk and reward
- Translate our strategy to people with both technical and non-technical backgrounds, inside and out of the credit risk function
- Implement an automated credit risk management system while maintaining target customer Net Promoter Scores
- Create and monitor a robust analytical suite in partnership with the relevant teams ensuring our metrics are consistent and quickly accessible
What we are looking for
- Relevant experience and understanding of credit risk and portfolio management in financial services
- Advanced skills with analytical and visualisation tools (i.e. SQL, SAS, BigQuery, Tableau, Looker or similar)
- Naturally curious with ability to interrogate, analyse combine and reconcile complex data into relevant insight
- Experience in implementing risk systems and embedding risk policies and processes on the ground
- Highly numerate with great written, oral and presentation skills
- Highly organised and detail oriented, prior exposure to project and change management
Bonus points for:
- Experience within a payments company
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.