At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
As a Customer Onboarding Manager you will be responsible for the successful adoption of GoCardless by newly signed businesses looking to take payments via Bank Debit in DACH & across the globe utilising our global payments network. Day to day you’ll be working with our UK and DACH Mid-Market customers, guiding them through their setup and onboarding journey, working cross-functionally with our Sales, Solutions Engineering & Customer Success Management teams to provide the optimal customer experience. Our customers use us in a variety of ways (as a standalone solution, integrating us into their bespoke software, or activating an integration with an existing software package), your role is crucial to the long-term success of the customers you onboard with GoCardless. Guiding our customers through a smooth and efficient onboarding journey helps our customers to quickly realise the benefits that led them to choose GoCardless in the first place.
Day to day, you will:
- Work closely with our Sales team during the pre-sales phase of the customer’s journey to design a tailored onboarding plan for each of your customers
- Co-ordinate the customer onboarding process for your portfolio of Mid-Market customers, following our standardised onboarding playbook and in line with best-practices
- Regularly engage with senior customer stakeholders & individual business users to foster credible relationships and understand their unique business requirements and goals. These engagements can take the form of email interactions, phone calls, video conferencing or in-person meetings
- Proactively lead each of the customers within your portfolio through the relevant milestones of their onboarding journey, ensuring any sticking points are identified and resolved quickly
- Liaise with the relevant teams internally to get your customers ready for payment collections as quickly as possible or in time to meet any agreed deadlines
- Optimise the full end to end flow of the customer onboarding process, and suggest improvement areas to make the onboarding journey as effortless as possible
- Develop tools and techniques to accelerate adoption and reduce effort through streamlined and automated processes, both for yourself and for merchants
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings, providing updates on your active onboardings as well as flagging any issues, risks and dependencies
- Collaborate with our Manager of Global Customer Onboarding to ensure processes benefit the entire team
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about customer onboarding or customer success and enjoy working directly with customers and going the extra mile
- You are an excellent communicator and confident presenter, with a solid command of German as well as English (written and verbal)
- You are detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible customer experience
- You have experience managing complex implementation projects for Mid-Market & Enterprise customers at a Saas company or similar organisation
- You have experience juggling multiple demands on your time and can manage and prioritise various important and urgent issues
- You consistently operate with the customer’s needs at the forefront
- You’re comfortable communicating complex technical & non-technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- You enjoy taking ownership of projects you work on and take pride in the execution and delivery of these
- You are proactive and driven, making the most of opportunities you are given and taking the initiative to seek additional ones
- You have a mindset of continuous improvement, both on a personal level as well as with regards to operational processes
Prior experience in a customer onboarding/implementation role or a keen knowledge of project management, implementation planning (particularly in a payment industry) and stakeholder management is a must. However, an ability to learn fast, deliver high quality outputs and improve ways of working as you progress are equally valuable.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.