At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
You will be joining our Solutions Engineering team you will be the primary technical lead in our engagements with our prospective and existing customers and partners. You will help qualify, shape, close and support business by providing technical input and oversight on our most exciting opportunities whilst working alongside our Business Development and Customer Success teams.
Whether it is helping design a new integration with one of our Accounting or CRM partners, assisting with implementing the API integration or billing and payment process with a large prospect, there is a need for you to take a leading role in technical conversations.
Your day to day will focus on everything from evangelising on the capability of GoCardless, assisting customers through their due diligence review of our platform, guiding the architecture and implementation of GoCardless through the post sales cycle, as well as providing market insight and trends feedback to our Product teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the prospect’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Manage and lead the prospective merchant or partner throughout the evaluation process and ensure a deal’s technical close
- Work closely with the Business Development Managers to align the technical requirements and the solution design with the prospect’s business drivers and demonstrate unique value
- Work closely with the Business Success Managers to help the customers build the best in class integration by leading the support for technical architecture and design queries
- Working with the Product team to deliver product presentations and demonstrations tailored to the prospect’s requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience working with your peers in Sales, Product and Marketing
- Develop and run demos with a clear plan to take the audience successfully through the evaluation process and turn them into a happy customer or partner
- Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses
- Occasionally coordinate and deliver technical architecture workshops
- Proven technical pre-sales and/or post-sales experience within a software company, (SaaS experience would be desirable, not essential)
- An excellent understanding of APIs and the ability to lead architecture discussions around API integration
- Be able to articulate complex technical issues and solutions to non-technicals and to establish trust & credibility with prospective customers
- Experience building and delivering demos independently and effectively in face to face and web meetings
- Good working functional knowledge of enterprise software solutions preferred, e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing
- High proficiency in written & verbal communication
- Experience with customer-facing activities and influencing key decision makers
- A willingness to work collaboratively across all areas of the business and be passionate about GoCardless’ continued growth
- Fluent in French and spoken English
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.