At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
The Customer Success team is part of the Customer Success Group (CSG) and is responsible for managing our top tier customers across both the Mid Market and Enterprise segments. We believe in owning the outcome and embedding the behaviours that drives exceptional SaaS customer retention, growth and the ability to capture compelling customer data and stories.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for the long term success of our merchants with GoCardless.
Day to day, you will:
- Manage a broad portfolio of our Mid Market customer base in a personalised fashion, ensuring your owning the outcome
- Accountable for managing risk, forecasting accurately and spotting and driving growth opportunities
- Work closely with Sales and Onboarding to run efficient and effective merchant handover and Kick off meetings
- Understand, through consultation and partnerships how to identify customers pain points and drive them towards value
- Create and deliver success plans and success reviews with your merchants to optimise their usage of GoCardless and constantly drive value
- Advocate for our merchants internally by delivering informed, quantified feedback, especially ensuring this is clearly communicated to our product team
- Mobilise relevant teams to manage priorities and drive actionable outcomes
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Success to refine and improve processes and being proactive in driving new projects and initiatives
- Coordinate with Customer Experience to ensure we’re delighting customers, so we can capture customer stories leading to referrals, testimonials and case studies
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who relishes the challenge of understanding each merchant and their industry. You should apply if:
- You can clearly demonstrate your experience working in a customer-facing role in either a CSM, Account Management or Implementation role ideally within a SaaS company
- You have a passion for driving successful customer outcomes in a strategic fashion.
- You drive value by being curious, consultative and are able to ask the right questions
- You have a proven track record in managing risk, forecasting and identifying growth opportunities
- You are commercially astute and can demonstrate this
- You have experience prioritising your time, especially between multiple important and urgent issues
- You love working cross-functionally and partnering with other teams on projects and are able to successfully mobilise them when needed
This role principally suits people with consulting or previous Customer Success experience, particularly in technology, finance or SaaS.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.