At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Support leader to manage our Customer Support team covering EMEA timezone.
As a Team Lead, you will be working closely with the Head of Product Support to develop our customer facing team. We’re looking for a hands-on leader and an experienced customer service professional to help lead our Customer Support team and assist customers all over the world as we continue to grow internationally.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- ● Lead and develop your team to deliver sensational customer service by proactively identifying knowledge gaps
● Responsible for delivering operational targets
● Setting tactical goals at individual and team level to achieve OKR’s
● Obsessing over analytics to identify ways to deliver ambitious performance metrics
● Liaise and work closely with other stakeholders in the business to improve cross
● Undertake periodic review of our systems and processes
● Actively drive the agenda to put forward the needs of our customers as well as
leverage every opportunity to streamline processes to reduce effort and enhance
● Actively involved in the Recruitment and Onboarding process
● Lead on Incident Management
● Manage 3rd party relationships
● Researching new tools which will further improve customer experience
● Keeping abreast of new technologies and best practices in the industry to ensure that
GC is always ahead of the curve
● Undertake projects and other duties determined by Head of Support
● Provide cover for CSM’s as and when required
What we’re looking for
- ● You are passionate about Customer Support
● You’re a leader and a teacher
● You have experience in creating and nurturing high performing teams
● You love solving problems and can adapt quickly to change
● You have heaps of initiative, enthusiasm, and patience
● You make smart choices, and prioritise well
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.