At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Our vision is to fix recurring payments at a global scale and we are looking for an individual to help us join the dots between a fantastic product and huge growth potential. Make no mistake, we are building a category and we intend to own it. We need someone with the right mix of talent and experience to help us with this.
Product Marketing at GoCardless can really be summarised in three core activities.
- How do we ensure that customer facing teams have the right positioning, messaging, tools and pain-driven data points to drive growth?
- How do we launch new products and initiatives across the world in a way that generates maximum adoption?
- How do we listen to and understand the market so we can make more effective decisions as a business?
There’s a lot of work to be done, but one of our key tenets for 2021 is “do fewer things, better”. We want to select the activities that will have the maximum impact on the business and focus on them.
- You have taken innovative new B2B products and features to market with a mid-market and enterprise audience.
- You believe that product launch doesn’t stop at launch - adoption and business impact is how you measure yourself.
- You have developed innovative messaging, positioning and value proposition frameworks for complex problems and new products.
- You are adept at market research and can demonstrate influencing business and product strategy as a result of that research.
- You know that talking to customers is the best way to understand the challenges they face, and frequently do so.
- You have a lot of experience engaging with product and engineering teams to solve customers problems.
- You enjoy working independently, given a set of objectives.
- You also enjoy cross-functional work with disparate areas of the business.
- You understand the value in building a better recurring payments ecosystem.
- More than anything, you are a problem solver.
GoCardless has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.