At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for an exceptional Business Systems Analyst to help simplify and make efficient GoCardless’ business process and provide our customers with a seamless, integrated, secure and reliable experience.
To enable and empower everyone at GoCardless to do their best work through innovation - with simple, reliable tools wrapped in world class support
The IT & Business Systems Team at GoCardless cares deeply about the experience we provide, from day one, we act with people’s best interest at heart: we enable GoCardless’ employees’ to focus on what matters most to them either automating daily needs or enabling them to self-serve, we provide them with the best tools to do their best work in autonomy.
As a Business Systems Analyst, working with the Risk Team, you will own the key business process and enable its seamless, efficient flow through multiple applications and systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with stakeholders to understand the current landscape, and then analyse, design and execute processes and projects to make us more efficient. You will be exceptional at capturing data, identifying patterns and making decisions. You will be an excellent communicator and care deeply about customer experience.
In this role you will
- Work with Risk team to analyse current business processes
- Look for opportunities to improve business processes
- Gather stakeholder requirements and build a roadmap to deliver from this
- Own internal systems and tools used by the risk organisation, ensuring where applicable these systems are integrated.
- Reduce toil on common operations and processes through automation
- Research, analyse and implement new tools to optimise customer experience & team performance
- Create and maintain documentation to systems and processes
- Work with other technology functions within the organisation to achieve key success criteria
- Work on supplier integration enhancement projects and acting as an advisor to the internal Product Development team on how to optimise existing supplier performance
You will also be a contributor to
- Defining and measuring success against key operational metrics for the Risk team
- The growth and scalability of the Risk team and wider Business Systems team
The main technologies you will work with include:
- Atlassian Suite
What we have to offer
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget.
- A clear career progression: paths for managers and individual contributors, opportunities for growth and leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership and autonomy: we give engineers problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.