At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
You’ll own growing strategic partnerships with global software platforms who serve the Global SMB market at high scale. You will have a small, targeted portfolio of highly strategic, high impact partners who we believe have the potential to grow significantly with GoCardless.
You will strengthen and build relationships with executives across all functional areas. Working with these stakeholders, you will secure growth commitments and lead on the development of go-to-market strategies to deliver significant growth on a global scale.
You will independently develop and execute against your business development plan, leading on all aspects including commercial negotiation and product solution design, where you will have the support of our Solution Engineering and Product Development teams. You will oversee execution of go-to-market initiatives in conjunction with our Partner Marketing team.
This is a high impact and high visibility role in which you will ensure alignment of the GoCardless team across multiple markets, functions and our leadership team. As a senior member of the partnerships team you will also play an active role in the continued development of Partnerships at GoCardless.
We have a strong track record in developing and growing global, high impact partnerships and you will be accountable for building on this to deliver a step change in our impact.
This role is based in our London office.
What will you be doing?
- Own the growth of our largest partnerships
- Independently build an effective partner account plan including identifying, prioritising and overseeing the execution of both strategic and short-term initiatives
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders and executives both internally and externally, influencing as required to reach mutually beneficial objectives
- Independently build and execute against a business development plan to grow global partnerships which have a strategic impact on GoCardless
- Lead on the negotiation of new agreements, including complex partner agreements at a global level
- Work with partners to build best-in-class technical solutions and continually improve existing integrations, with support from our Solutions Engineering and Product teams as required
- Build and lead on go-to-market partner plans, including identifying opportunities, securing commitments and working with our Partner Marketing team to oversee execution
- Work cross functionally within GoCardless to agree, develop and execute against growth plans, independently coordinating multiple teams worldwide
- Regularly report on performance and key drivers internally & externally, including to executive stakeholders
- Play a leading role in driving the continued development of the Partnerships Function
- You have substantial experience working in strategic partnerships or senior account management, ideally B2B tech environment and can demonstrate significant success in developing & growing commercial relationships at a global scale
- You have strong relationship and stakeholder management skills, including significant experience working with and influencing external executives. You can work independently with a range of functions internally and externally
- You have great communication skills. You love networking and can articulate yourself clearly
- You are commercially astute with strong quantitative and analytical skills. You enjoy independently digging into data and using feedback from partners to identify and execute on growth opportunities
- You act like an owner. You’re entrepreneurial, love seeing projects through and take a proactive approach to problem solving
- You’re a natural project manager, able to independently co-ordinate cross functional resources and balance competing priorities, including highly complex global initiatives
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you won’t need to code, we will expect you to enjoy working with product teams internally and externally
- You have experience leading negotiations with partners, and can demonstrate examples of leading large contract negotiations end-to-end
- You have experience working in a global organisation and managing global external relationships
- You are open to travel and attending events as a GC ambassador
- You are ambitious, driven, high-energy and engaging. You inspire others to work with you
- Ideal: you have experience working with small business software: ideally accounting, fintech banking or invoicing
- Ideal: You have experience working within the payments industry
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.