Please note: this is not a Sales Partnership position
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
About the team
We are looking for a new member of our Global Payment Partnership team to manage and grow our payments network. This role will be based in our London office.
Reporting to the Director of Global Payment Partnerships, you will be working closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales and Operations teams and be responsible for managing existing partnerships to enhance our product, build our industry relationships and enable our sales teams.
- Managing the relationships with our existing payment partners
- Negotiating pricing, processing limits and contract terms
- Working with our partners to complete annual due diligence reviews
- Being the internal and external bank to bank payments subject matter expert for your regions
- Understanding our customers' pain points and working proactively to remove friction
- Producing internal content and guides to enhance company knowledge
- Supporting our sales team on complex deal cycles
- Working on cross-functional projects, taking accountability for visibility and delivery
- Thinking out of the box and working with partners and scheme providers to originate new solutions to old problems
- Building an industry network to provide GoCardless with a local voice and influence
What we're looking for:
- A relationship management pro with experience managing payment partners
- A project management whizz; structured and excellent at delivering against deadlines. You have led successful projects where you were directly responsible for the outcome
- An excellent networker, able to build an industry presence and champion the business in the market
- Resilient, persistent - you don’t get discouraged even if partners and scheme providers move slowly
- You have experience negotiating pricing and contracts
- You understand a partner's due diligence processes and have successfully completed one of these in a previous role
- You understand the payments landscape in other countries
- You have strong research skills and enjoy solving complex problems
- You have excellent written skills and know how to create crisp, clear material for training and education
- You can understand and articulate technical solutions
- An ideal candidate would have experience dealing with electronic payment networks
This role will, in the future, involve some travel, and you should be willing to work across time zones.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.