At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
As Demand Generation Manager for DACH and Northern Europe you will lead demand generation activity across the DACH region and support the successful delivery of demand generation programmes in the UK and new markets as we expand in Northern Europe. This is an individual contributor role leading programmes to create MQAs and enable SDRs to build pipeline. This role is ideal for a growth-minded field marketer experienced in targeting start-up, scale-up and enterprise companies. You will be based in either the London or Munich office, or you can work fully remotely from anywhere within Germany.
You will report to the Senior Demand Generation Marketing Manager, Northern Europe and work closely with Sales stakeholders to create demand generation plans aligned to commercial objectives. You will be responsible for identifying the most attractive pockets of opportunity and develop the right marketing approaches to unlock them. To do this, you will need to collaborate with our broader marketing functions (including Audience, PR, Social, Marketing Operations, Design).
- Be the DACH market expert, meet customers and prospects, understand their needs, know what drives demand in our target buying groups, work hand-in-hand with Sales and Lead Development to meet plan
- Design and execute local marketing programs including account based marketing, regional events and digital programmes to generate pipeline
- Develop the go-to-market plans for DACH and new markets as required - Identify market trends, target audience, competitor landscape, and other relevant information to form the plans
- Collaborate with Lead Development and Sales; drive account first touch, lift and engagement via targeted account based marketing programs
- Leverage the demand engine technology for intent insights & targeting
- Manage local marketing budget to ensure optimal resource allocation mix to drive demand
- Contribute to the production and syndication of DACH content
- Develop local relationships with partners, influencers and thought leaders in DACH to create top of funnel demand
- Report on demand performance metrics for all marketing activities in the DACH region
- Fluent German speaker with experience of working with Commercial teams in the German market
- Well rounded B2B, Enterprise and/or SaaS related marketing background
- Experienced in executing across the many areas of the Marketing mix
- Highly motivated ‘self-starter’ that likes to build plans & execute
- Analytical mindset, autonomous, detail-oriented, and passionate about working with sales & global marketing teams
- Experience working with ABM, CRM marketing & performance measurement platforms (e.g. Demandbase, Engagio, Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Looker)
- Strong communication, presentation and written skills; ability to interact with virtual teams
- Proven record of high performance in your previous positions
Ideal but not essential
- Previous experience working within the payments industry
- Account-based marketing experience would be a plus
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such as BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.