At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Risk @ GoCardless
We’re creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We don’t do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers.
- ...are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve our goals
- ...automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies and believe real risk mitigation cannot be done by throwing people at the problem
- ...create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to feel they cannot wait to go through our processes
What is Compliance Operations @ GoCardless?
Compliance Operations at GoCardless has two key focuses:
- Customer onboarding. We ensure that we meet all our KYC (know your customer) requirements while giving our clients the best possible onboarding experience.
- Stopping the bad guys. We really care about our regulatory and moral obligation to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, we want to ensure that we catch and close down anyone we believe is misusing the GoCardless system.
Your mission is to prevent the GoCardless platform from being used to commit financial crime, ensuring we minimise any impact on legitimate customers.
- You will act as the subject matter expert on compliance matters within the team to drive continuous compliance with existing processes
- Conducting AML/CTF investigations. You’ll continuously look to innovate the way we investigate, coming up with new data-driven ways to spot suspicious behaviour
- You’ll review transaction data to identify suspicious patterns
- You’ll understand the end to end compliance operations processes, and continually drive operational improvements, ensuring that everything we do is documented
- Identifying opportunities to upskill other team members and proactively sharing knowledge with the team and the broader company
- Remain current with industry developments, new technologies and new rules and regulations
- You’ll work closely with the team, MLRO and Director of Compliance Operations to operationalise financial crime policies
- You’ll conduct enhanced due diligence on clients and review Adverse Media, PEPs and Sanctions screening alerts
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious and need to understand how everything fits together. If someone can’t tell you the answer, you’ll find a way to figure it out
- You’re a self-starter. You go and find things to improve and don’t need to wait to be given challenges
- Data is the base for everything you do. You’re able to find new and innovative ways to detect and investigate suspicious activity by analysing large data sets
- You have experience using business intelligence tools such as Looker
- Strong KYC/AML background and investigations experience. You’ve worked as part of a team focusing on transaction monitoring, investigations and quality assurance
- Experience in drafting and submitting suspicious activity reports to the relevant authorities
- You can manage multiple priorities at the same time and thrive in an environment where you’ll need to switch your focus quickly
- You can demonstrate experience in taking ownership and delivering impact
- Relevant ACAMS, ICA or similar training certification in AML/CFT and sanctions
Nice to have
- SQL experience
- Payments or FinTech experience
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.