At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
North America is a key strategic focus for GoCardless, with our San Francisco office launched in 2019 to drive growth with SaaS global enterprise & US enterprise companies in the Bay Area and operating across the US & Worldwide. We have ambitious plans to scale up in 2021, through a combination of existing global partners and merchants; with dedicated Sales and Marketing resources focused on demand generation in North America.
You’ll be responsible for owning the relationship with key global strategic partners, within the recurring billing space, with the goal of growing our revenue, building deeper relationships and leading our expansion with them globally.
You will develop and execute against an account plan, build a strong network within the partner, and work with their product and local country teams to help us grow internationally. Working closely with our regional partner account managers you will be responsible for the growth of these partnerships globally.
You’ll work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to develop a joint go-to-market plan and identify new leads to target. You’ll also build alliances with key system integrators, consultants and other influencers within these partner ecosystems.
As the main advocate for these partners, you’ll provide invaluable feedback to our Product and Operations teams to ensure that we can develop long-lasting and successful partnerships.
- Build global partnership objectives and goal setting with regional GoCardless internal and partnership executive owners globally
- Drive the relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives and the cross-functional commitments to achieve them
- Own global partner development plan with input from regional stakeholders
- Encourage and facilitate joint account mapping sessions to help GoCardless sales identify potential prospects and sales cycles where partnering will help the partnership win more business
- Assess needs of partner sales team and conduct product and sales training and enablement activity as needed
- Perform monthly forecast, manage pipeline, and drive sales revenue plan to meet goals
- You have experience working in strategic partnerships or account management, ideally in a B2B tech environment
- You have strong relationship and communication skills. You love networking and can articulate yourself clearly
- You are commercially astute with strong quantitative and analytical skills. You relish digging into data and using feedback from partners to identify growth opportunities
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you won’t need to code, we will expect you to relish the prospect of learning our APIs inside out
- Experience in negotiating partner agreements
- Experience working in a global role
- You are open to international travel (up to 50%) and attending events as a GC ambassador
- You are ambitious, driven, high-energy and engaging. You inspire others to work with you
- Preferred: you have experience working with global stakeholders across North America, EMEA and ANZ
- Ideal: you have experience working with core business software, ideally CRM, Billing or ERP
- Ideal: You have experience working within the payments industry
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.