GoCardless is building a new global network for recurring payments. We’re cutting out the intermediaries and linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
Annual payment volume at GoCardless exceeds £3.5 billion, and we’re processing up to hundreds of thousands of transactions every day. As our business grows, so does our team and there is an increasing demand for smooth IT processes across all internal functions.
We’re looking for an IT Engineer who passionate about making IT infrastructure and processes as smooth as possible and providing a great experience to the many internal customers who come your way.
You will be part of a small team that is responsible for managing and improving GoCardless' internal IT infrastructure and processes. We enable GoCardless’ employees to focus on what matters most to them by removing all potential distractions: from Wifi to networking problems, we are there to make everything seamless! We'll support you in finding better ways to work, and empower you to make the changes. At GoCardless, if you find something broken, you fix it. We trust you to make that happen.
This role is for a seasoned IT professional that loves to solve problems that help their co-workers become faster and more efficient at their jobs, who knows the landscape of existing tools available and when to use them, and who isn’t afraid to dive into a bit of code when the existing tools don’t match our needs.
Day-to-day, you will manage and support our macOS fleet:
- Efficiently troubleshoot and resolve daily IT issues reported by end-users;
- Track open tickets, prioritize, and document resolution of end-user requests
- Work on projects to build our infrastructure from the ground up;
- Troubleshoot advanced problems in networks, applications and hardware;
- Make sure all our users and devices are compliant with our security standards;
- Build tools to deploy, automate and monitor infrastructure and services used by our employees.
You should apply if:
- You have extensive knowledge of macOS, know how to troubleshoot it;
- You understand how networks work, and love figuring out what’s wrong when they don’t;
- You like to build automation to setup, configure and manage our growing fleet of devices;
- You love to automate software and have a passion for open source projects;
- You enjoy helping out people - be it solving an issue or teaching them how to do something
- You have strong scripting skills and have good knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g: python, ruby)
- You’re comfortable using source control and asking coworkers for code reviews.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
It would also be nice to have:
- Experience with GCP, GCE
- Experience with G-Suite administration
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.