GoCardless’ vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you’re using.
Today, we help over 50,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the North America to collect payments, and we’re growing fast. We have offices in the UK, France, Germany, Australia, and the US. Our strategic partnerships with market-leading platforms such as Zuora, Xero and Chargebee have been critical to our global success and have allowed us to work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our HQ is in London and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Adams Street Partners, GV and Y Combinator.
The Business Operations & Strategy team
The mission of the Business Operations and Strategy team is to help GoCardless make high-quality decisions and to translate these decisions into action. We report into the COO.
As a team, our work tends to be project-based and wide-ranging. Recent priorities have included designing and implementing a new go-to-market org structure, defining our 3-year strategy, and launching a new pricing model for our merchants (among many other projects). In each case, the team has owned the analysis and then worked closely with key stakeholders (CEO & Management) to form recommendations as well as to kick off and oversee the delivery cross-functionally.
The Business Operations and Strategy team is based in our London HQ.
As a Strategy & Business Operations Manager, you will report into the VP of Business Operations and Strategy, working closely with the CEO, COO, and other members of the Exec team to drive some of GoCardless’ most critical decisions and deliver strategic initiatives in a fast and pragmatic way.
On a day-to-day basis, this will include:
- Working with the Exec team and senior leaders across the business to define annual and quarterly objectives, in alignment with our longer-term strategy
- Helping functional leaders plan the delivery of these objectives, and where needed driving the delivery yourself by overseeing coordination across functional teams, identifying and solving for challenges or dependencies along the way, and managing key stakeholders
- Partnering with specific functions within GC to help them solve complex, strategic questions specific to their area in an internal consulting capacity
- Reporting on both delivery of programmes and overall performance against company KPIs
- Assisting in the preparation for Board meetings and company-wide presentations
What we are looking for
- 4-5 years at a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or private equity firm
- Experience delivering strategic or transformational programmes
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders across various geographies, including senior stakeholders
- Outstanding track record of professional and academic achievement
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong team player
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.