At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 50,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can concentrate on what they do best. And by partnering with over 200 software providers, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique borderless payments platform every day. But we’re just getting started!
We’re headquartered in London, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Recognising the benefits to US businesses of letting their customers pay by bank debit (ACH), we recently opened our first office there. Located in a WeWork in SOMA, San Francisco, we are starting small and growing big. The role of content is fundamental to our growth strategy, and why we have created the new position of Content and Community Manager.
The role will work closely with our US Marketing Manager, US General Manager, and sales team to identify and create content that supports demand generation, lead conversion and sales enablement. We anticipate the role will initially focus on three key areas: customer advocacy, partner advocacy, and social media.
As the first permanent content hire for the US market, this person will also be shaping the content strategy for 2020 and beyond, and establishing the processes and toolkits that will be key as we scale the business, in collaboration with the global content and marketing team in London.
- Provide strategic advice to the US business on all content related matters, especially the right content mix to support demand generation campaigns and sales engagements
- Create and commission customer case studies and testimonials across multiple formats, including video; and develop content for advocacy outreach (eg events and webinars)
- Build out joint content programmes with key enterprise partners (eg Zuora, Salesforce), including combined case studies, announcements and whitepapers
- In collaboration with our global social media team (in London) help grow our US digital communities, and drive engagement with social-first content that supports business priorities
- Own the content calendar for our US activity, ensuring content is aligned to global campaigns and initiatives
- Represent the US business on all global content related matters, from campaign planning through to delivery and measurement
- Where appropriate, appoint and manage external partners to assist in producing content
You don’t need to have experience of the payments or financial worlds. Rather, you’ll be a fast learner who knows how to leverage data, sources and subject matter experts - internally and externally. You’ll know how to distill and present this information in the most compelling ways. And you’ll know how to communicate with businesses about the issues that matter most to them.
- You will have worked in a B2B marketing and/or sales support content role, either in-house or agency side
- You may be a specialist in one type of content format, but will have experience of working with other formats (eg video, webinars, infographics), either directly or in an editorial capacity
- You respect social media best practice, and are able to write short and engaging copy to distill technical topics into digestible engaging content
- You use data to validate ideas and measure impact, while valuing the creative spark you bring
- You are highly proactive and able to work independently, yet are just as comfortable working cross-functionally on shared projects and integrated campaigns
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
Please include an example of a publicly available article you have recently produced.