GoCardless’ vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you’re using.
Today, we help over 50,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, USA and Canada collect payments, and we’re growing fast. Last year we opened an office in Australia and Germany. This year in the USA. We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and accountants use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Quandoo, DocuSign use us to power their growth and to dramatically reduce failure rates; established Fortune500 companies like Salesforce and Oracle partner with us to help their merchants digitalise their payments.
Our strategic partnerships with best-in-class billing platforms such as Zuora, Salesforce and Chargebee have been critical to our success in reaching over 50,000 businesses and will be key to our future success both locally and globally.
We’re London-based and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. GoCardless now has over 400 employees worldwide.
The U.S. is the most strategic market for GoCardless outside of the UK. The Office was launched in September 2019 to drive growth for Saas global enterprise & US enterprise companies headquartered in the Bay Area and operating across the US & Worldwide. The company has ambitious plans to scale up in 2020. We expect to grow through a combination of existing relationships with global partners (e.g., Zuora, Salesforce, Recurly, Chargify) and merchants; dedicated Sales and Marketing resource focused on building demand in the USA.
Our office is based in a WeWork in SOMA, San Francisco. The office now has 9 full time employees with a mix of team members from sales, partnerships, operations and sales-engineer.
As the first marketer for the USA, this is a senior individual contributor role. This role is ideal for a growth-minded field marketer experienced in targeting Fortune500, US enterprise companies & beyond. You will be joining a rapidly growing team based in San Francisco with a supporting task force based in the London office.
As the USA Marketing Manager, you will work closely with our US General Manager and the International Marketing Lead to scale our enterprise business in the USA. You will be responsible for identifying the most attractive pockets of opportunity to develop the right Marketing approaches to unlock them. To do this, you will need to work closely with the local Sales and Partnerships teams and with a range of Marketing teams in our London HQ (including Digital, Marketing Operations, Content Marketing and more).
- Work closely with International Marketing Lead (based in London) to design and execute field marketing programs such as regional events, account based marketing, lead generation and content marketing supporting USA region
- Lead on the go-to-market marketing strategy for the region - Researches and analyses market trends, target audience, competitor landscape, and other relevant information to form the strategy
- Plan and execute a wide range of events including in-house events, 3rd party conferences, webinars, both direct and collaborating with our global partners
- Generate leads for the USA market; and drive lead management activity to push qualification via email marketing, webinars, tailored programs. Leverage the ABM Platform for intent insights & campaign improvements.
- Manage regional marketing budgets and ensure optimal resources allocation from the global-central teams (incl. demand, brand/comms and digital experience teams)
- Responsible for brand building and coordinating PR activities with local agency and global comms team (messaging, speaking engagements, pitching etc.)
- Responsible for the production of specific North American Content, working externally to source
- Own strategic local relationships with partners, local influencers, thought leaders, media and drive brand awareness/demand through these relationships
- Lead production, curation and distribution of regional sales collateral, case studies and other educational content to drive demand acceleration through the funnel
- Accountable for reporting on performance metrics for all marketing activities in the region, including communication and recommendation through global marketing operations team & data science analysts
- Attend industry conferences and headquarter trainings as needed to develop regional marketing plans and applicable programs for the region
- Experience of being a stand-alone Marketing department in a B2B Saas organisation
- Experienced in executing across the many areas of the Marketing mix
- Highly motivated ‘self-starter’ that likes to both strategise & execute
- Analytical mindset, autonomous, detail-oriented, and passionate about working with sales & global marketing teams
- Experience working with CRM marketing & performance measurement platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Looker)
- An ability to work cross-functionally; proven track record for enabling Sales & Marketing alignment around processes & funnel management
- Strong communication, presentation and written skills; ability to interact with virtual teams
- Well rounded B2B, Enterprise and/or SaaS related marketing experience (ideally tech-enabled)
- Proven record of high performance in your previous positions
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.