Compliance Advisor - Paris
Help lead the fight against financial crime and give our customers a great onboarding experience.
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over £7bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
We’ve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK and Europe and are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) and serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich and of course, London (our HQ).
We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
About the Team
The Compliance Operations team plays a critical role in GoCardless’ continued expansion. The team:
- Manages the initial and ongoing verification of customers in over 30 geographies, providing the best possible customer experience
- Reviews our customers against PEP, sanctions, adverse media and enforcement lists, so we’re only working with customers that we should be
- Coordinates the delivery of AML/CTF training across the company, so everyone in GoCardless makes compliance conscious decisions
- Identifies and investigates any suspicious activity to ensure that GoCardless is not facilitating financial crime
- Making customer onboarding decisions upon reviewing customer documentation
- Resolving alerts that result from our PEP, sanctions, adverse media and enforcement screening process
- Communicating with our customers to guide them through the onboarding process
- You will continually look to improve customer experience and team efficiency by challenging our thinking and asking why we do what we do
- Writing client assessments and escalating these to our MLRO and Compliance Operations Manager
- This role is full time (Monday to Friday, 9-6) and based in our Paris office
- *4-6 weeks initial training required in our London office
What we're looking for
- You have previous experience working in a customer onboarding team or similar role
- You take pride in paying attention to detail and see tasks through to the end
- You naturally take initiative and ask the right questions to help you succeed
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you “this is how we’ve always done it”
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You understand the importance of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing
- Equally, you’re conscious of the customer experience and explaining our requirements effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- You have flawless written and verbal communication skills and are happy to support customers via email or over the phone
- You are fluent (written and verbal) in English and French
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private health insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Training budget for your personal development
- Breakfast, drinks and snacks
- Company lunch every month
- Volunteer time
- Yoga, football and basketball
- Plus many more
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.