GoCardless’ vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you’re using.
Today, we help over 40,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia/New Zealand and North America collect payments, and we’re growing fast. Last year we opened an office in France, Australia and Germany. We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian, Doctolib, La Fourchette, Sowee use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our strategic partnerships with best-in-class billing platforms such as Zuora, Salesforce and Chargebee have been critical to our success in reaching over 40,000 business and will be key to our future success both locally and globally.
We’re London-based and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital.
The French team
France being the largest market outside of the UK for GoCardless, the company has ambitious plans to scale up in 2019. We expect to grow through a combination of existing relationships with global and local partners (e.g., Zuora, Salesforce, iRaiser) and merchants and dedicated Sales and Marketing resource focused on building demand in the country.
Our office in Paris is located near Gare St. Lazare, Rue de Londres. We have a team of 15 sales, partnerships, marketing and customer success people. The team is only growing as we scale up.
This is a senior individual contributor role. This role is ideal for a growth-minded marketer looking to work on the French marketer for a rapidly growing London HQ-ed fintech company.
As the French Marketing Manager, you will work closely with our France General Manager and the International Marketing lead to scale our business in France. You will be responsible for identifying the most attractive pockets of opportunity in the market to develop the right Marketing approaches to unlock them. To do this, you will need to work closely with our local Sales and Partnerships teams and with a range of Marketing teams in our London HQ (including Digital, Marketing Operations, Content Marketing and more).
You will own the Go-To-Market Marketing plan and budget for France and be responsible for setting our milestones and tracking performance against company KPIs. Your day-to-day role will vary, encompassing a wide range of activities across a number of different channels.
The sort of projects that we’d expect you to be involved with include: planning and executing the GTM marketing vision for France; growing awareness for GoCardless in France via PR, Events and thought leadership and local influencers; identifying data-driven strategies to scale leads and opportunities for France; working closely with the central marketing team to deliver content, campaigns, digital and email marketing for France.
- Drive the local France go to market marketing strategy, plan and execution
- Understand the local competitive landscape
- Identify/develop innovative program metrics/benchmarks
- Align with Sales and Marketing teams as needed to plan and execute near-term go-to-market (GTM) plans
- Work with internal stakeholders locally and centrally across our Sales, Marketing and Partnership teams and, where needed, external providers to deliver these plans
- Track, measure and report progress for marketing activities against KPIs
- Problem solving mindsets to troubleshoot roadblocks
- Highly motivated ‘self-starter’ with entrepreneurial spirit that likes to both strategise & execute
- Well rounded B2B, Enterprise and/or SaaS related marketing experience (ideally tech-enabled), with broad knowledge across growth channels, events and content development
- Proven record of high performance in your previous positions
- Define and deliver Marketing budgets and plans
- Performance and data driven marketer
- Develop and manage campaigns
- Proven track record for enabling Sales & Marketing alignment around processes, funnel and more
- Comfortable with CRM, Marketing Automation systems and measurement tools (e.g. Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience working with third party vendors, agencies and freelancers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with virtual teams
- Fluent in French and English
Ideal but not essential
- Previous experience working within the payments industry
- Account-based marketing experience would be a plus
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, and our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if you’re unsure please apply.