Go the extra mile to delight our customers.
GoCardless is growing fast! We’ve built a world-class product that opens up Direct Debit to small and medium-sized businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia and North America! We have recently extended our offering to multinational companies like the Guardian, TripAdvisor and Box. Thousands of businesses already rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more join us every week.
We're looking for bright, empathic people to join us in our London office and provide first-rate support and guidance to our UK, European, North American and Australian users.
We pride ourselves on listening to our users and doing everything we can to solve their problems. As a member of our Support team, you'll represent the customer's voice across the company. As your knowledge and experience grows, you’ll have opportunities to help inform our product roadmap to ensure we are always building something people want.
We've built a friendly, collaborative culture, where we hire and develop driven people that share our desire to do the work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other's continual professional growth.
You'll work as part of a wider team of around 20 passionate individuals who work with our UK, European, Australian and North American merchants to solve tough problems and provide world class service.
In this role you will be primarily providing phone support; you will be handling calls from merchants using GoCardless. You will be utilising our in-house systems to handle incoming tickets and help ensure that you can deliver the best support experience possible.
The ideal candidate
- previous experience working in a contact centre is highly desirable
- previous experience of working in a startup is highly desirable
- proven ability to handle high volume of calls and consistently meet targets
- you enjoy working in a truly fast paced culture and thrive in small teams
- you love helping people
- you are organised, reliable, diligent and attentive to detail
- you learn quickly and are comfortable with complexity
- you are able to work independently and under minimal supervision
- you have a flawless command of English and communicate with clarity
- if you have an additional language, even better!
This role would suit someone who is passionate about operating within a fast-paced tech company, and has the drive to go above and beyond to ensure the service we provide is always second to none.
If you are available from Monday to Friday to cover 5 hour shifts (i.e. 25 hours per week) between 9.00am to 3.00pm (shift patterns may vary each week between these hours) and you meet the criteria above, then we encourage you to apply!
This is a 12 month contract based in our London office.
We offer a competitive salary plus an array of attractive benefits:
- 27 days annual leave (prorated) + bank holidays
- Vitality health insurance
- Welplan pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Generous parental leave
- Learning and Development budget
- Breakfast, drinks and snacks
- Company lunch every month
- Yoga, football and basketball club
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
- Income Protection
- Your CV must be accompanied with a cover letter
- Your cover letter must outline the following:
- your motivation to apply for this role
- explain why this shift pattern appeals to you
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity. We welcome a wide diversity of applicants; so if you’re unsure please apply.