GoCardless are on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they are best at.
We are focused on recurring payments; our vision is to be the best way to collect these payments, globally.
Already, we’ve built a global network of bank debit schemes that - with the addition of ACH - will cover ~75% of the world’s recurring payment volumes. On top of this network we’ve built a simple, developer-friendly platform that enables the >40,000 merchants whom we serve to collect payments around the world. Already, we process ~$1B in payment volume every month and this number is growing fast. Last year we opened offices in Paris, Munich and Melbourne, with more to follow in Spain and the US in 2019.
Our HQ is in London and to date we have raised $122M in capital from some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Balderton Capital and Y Combinator.
Reporting to the GM of International Expansion, you will lead a growing team of AEs based in our London HQ. These AEs are the first Sales hires for each market and are responsible for winning our first customers as we look to identify product-market fit and scale quickly.
As the leader of this team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Setting our strategy - you will drive the creation of go to market strategies for each market that we target, choosing the verticals to prioritise and working with the Country Launch team to build account lists so that we can test our hypotheses
- Executing our plan - you will be responsible for all aspects of line, process and pipeline management for a team of AEs (currently 4 FTEs) to deliver sales excellence
- Coaching and performance management - you will empower the team to perform at their best, providing them with the tools and advice to grow as professionals and ensuring that they are well equipped to articulate our vision and value proposition
- Scaling - you will help to grow the team, both by hiring new people and also by solidifying the processes and ways of working that will make us successful
- Representing GC - you will be responsible for building relationships across the markets that you cover; this is likely to include meeting with prospects, Partners (e.g., Zuora) and other stakeholders (e.g., regulators or investment bodies) as we look to raise awareness of GC in new markets
You will be a leader and part of the Sales Leadership Team at GoCardless.
- Experienced in running teams in a Sales environment
- Experienced in launching businesses in new markets
- Embrace fast growth and the change that comes with it
- Self-motivated and engaging
- Inspire others to work with you
- Comfortable working as part of a team and building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Passionate about the personal development of those within your team
- Strong analytical skills and enjoy using data to drive decision-making
- Speaks multiple languages (desirable, but not essential)
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.