GoCardless are on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid and, in doing so, to allow our customers to focus on what they are best at. We are focused on recurring payments; our vision is to be the best way to collect these payments, globally.
Already, we have a global network of bank debit schemes that - with the addition of ACH - will cover ~75% of the world’s recurring payment volumes. On top of this network we’ve built a simple, developer-friendly platform that enables the >40,000 merchants whom we serve to collect payments around the world. Already, we process ~$1B in payment volume every month and this number is growing fast. Last year we opened offices in Paris, Munich and Melbourne, and we now have our sights set on San Francisco!
Our strategic partnerships with market-leading platforms such as Zuora, Xero and Chargebee have been critical to our global success and have allowed us to work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our HQ is in London, UK and to date we have raised $122M in capital from some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel Partners, Balderton Capital and Y Combinator. After our most recent fundraising efforts ($75M) from incredible investors such as Google and Salesforce, we are ready to escalate our growth plans. An important part of those plans is taking our next-generation recurring payments platform to the world's largest companies in North America!
You’ll be responsible for owning the relationship with key global partners, within the subscription billing space, like Zuora, Chargebee and Recurly with the goal of growing our revenue, building deeper relationships and leading our expansion with them globally.
You will develop and execute against an account plan, build a strong network within the partner, and work with their product and local country teams to help us grow internationally.
You’ll work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to develop a joint go-to-market plan and identify new leads to target. You’ll also build alliances with key system integrators, consultants and other influencers within these partner ecosystems.
As the main advocate for these partners, you’ll provide invaluable feedback to our Product and Operations teams to ensure that we can develop long-lasting and successful partnerships.
What will you be doing?
- Build global partnership objectives and goal setting with regional GoCardless internal and partnership executive owners globally
- Drive the relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives and the cross-functional commitments to achieve them
- Own global partner development plan with input from regional stakeholders
- Encourage and facilitate joint account mapping sessions to help GoCardless sales identify potential prospects and sales cycles where partnering will help the partnership win more business
- Assess needs of partner sales team and conduct product and sales training and enablement activity as needed
- Perform monthly forecast, manage pipeline, and drive sales revenue plan to meet goals
What we are looking for;
- You have a minimum of 6 years experience working in strategic partnerships or account management, ideally in a B2B tech environment
- You have strong relationship and communication skills. You love networking and can articulate yourself clearly
- You are commercially astute with strong quantitative and analytical skills. You relish digging into data and using feedback from partners to identify growth opportunities
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you won’t need to code, we will expect you to relish the prospect of learning our APIs inside out
- Experience in negotiating partner agreements
- Experience working in a global role
- You are open to international travel (up to 50%) and attending events as a GC ambassador
- You are ambitious, driven, high-energy and engaging. You inspire others to work with you
- Preferred: you have experience working outside of the UK, in particular in North America
- Ideal: you have experience working with core business software, ideally CRM, Billing or ERP
- Ideal: You have experience working within the payments industry
- We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, and our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if you’re unsure please apply.