We’re designing the future of recurring payments at GoCardless and we’re looking for a talented Lead Creative Designer to help us do it.
GoCardless is designing the future of recurring payments. It’s our mission to take the pain out of payments so our merchants can focus on their business. We help to do this by linking together payment schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
A bit about Design at GoCardless
Design at GoCardless is made up of Creative and Product Design. The Creative Design team embraces a large variety of principles from print and illustration through to 3D and motion design. We pride ourselves on being an in house team that functions as an agency while benefiting from in-depth industry knowledge and having the freedom to push creativity in an exciting new tech sector. We have the ambition to lead the way for brand design within our industry and are looking for outstanding people to help us. We’ve just secured our Series E funding of $75 million which means we’re investing heavily in our brand and going global as a business, so it’s a great time to join!
For an overview of the type of work we get up to, please take a look at gocardless.design
What you’ll bring to the team
- Awesome senior level hands-on ability.
- Expert creative design skills supported by solid and logical rationales
- Experience shaping brands with proven results and understands the power of design in business.
- Experience with design practices both structure-oriented (creating and implementing design systems, brand standards, templates, brochures, signage etc…) and surface-oriented (using design theories such as colour and typography to push the boundaries of the brand).
- Experience in an enablement set-up, helping to schedule, prioritise and complete projects requests from the business.
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales stakeholders.
- Experience with applying best practices to ensure designs are on-brand and executed to a high standard.
- Experience line managing designers with proactive leadership.
- Experience interviewing and hiring designers of all levels.
- Self-starter who loves to collaborate with designers, engineers, data, product managers and other teams.
Okay, so what’s the role?
- As a Lead Creative Designer reporting into the Head of Design, you’ll set the vision and direction of the Creative Design team.
- Help your designers level up.
- Help guide your team, lead constructive critiques and oversee the success of projects.
- Be the guardian for your team’s health, ensuring they have the right tools, software, policies and processes.
- You’ll be involved with design work where needed and have the ability to execute to a high level.
- Lead on hiring, training and performance reviews.
- Identify the best new and emerging talent to grow and develop.
- You'll help prioritise and allocate jobs for the team, ensuring projects are correctly cast.
- You’ll design the creative strategy with the Head of Design and be comfortable selling in ideas to C-Level.
- You'll work with designers to build out our brand to encapsulate the personality of GoCardless.
- Empower designers and the broader organisation to utilise techniques to solve problems across the business.
- Will help advocate for Design, educating the business and the broader community on the value of the team and function brings.
- Communicate the excellent work and thinking of your designers with both internal and external communications.
- You’ll build relationships with external services such as photographers, illustrators and printers to ensure our output is eye-catching and innovative.
Our designers come from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. If you’re unsure or even if you think your portfolio is not ready yet, please apply! We’d love to hear from you.