We’re looking for talented engineers to help us reimagine how payments software looks and works.
At GoCardless we find creative ways to deliver simple solutions to complex problems. We do this by keeping our development cycles fast, by reviewing and adapting our plans frequently, and by investing in a culture of continuous feedback.
We are looking for people who share our desire to build high quality products that put customers at the forefront of our development. As a member of our engineering team you will build and improve our products, add new features, and work closely with other teams across the company to define our engineering roadmap and to understand what is most important to the customer.
We value learning and feedback and are committed to encouraging and supporting each other’s professional growth. Moreover, we believe in sharing our knowledge with and contributing to the wide tech community. We frequently host meetups, hackathons, and we open source projects we are proud of.
Some projects we’ve done recently:
- An example of an open source project for a tool for deploying ES6 applications using System.JS and AssetGraph.
- HTTP API Design Standards guide.
- Hutch: a Ruby library for enabling asynchronous inter-service communication in a service-oriented architecture, using RabbitMQ.
- Statesman: an opinionated state machine library designed to provide a robust audit trail and data integrity.
Who we're looking for
You should apply if you:
- Enjoy regular exposure to stakeholders and the leaders of our business
- Have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Have knowledge of HTML and CSS and are always seeking out best practices.
- Have functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services
- Have a good understanding and grasp of security principles
- You care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems.
- You enjoy solving problems and automating responses for recurrent issues.
- You sweat the details and care deeply about building memorable web experiences.
- You thrive in a culture of peer review.
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.