GoCardless is the only global payments company focused on recurring payments. From the UK, we’ve built a recurring payments platform and a global bank debit network, which takes the pain out of getting paid for recurring revenue businesses.
We just raised $75m, from incredible investors such as Google and Salesforce, to escalate our growth plans. An important part of those plans is taking our next-generation recurring payments platform to the world's largest companies in North America.
To achieve this we need talented people who believe in and can demonstrate the value of our global recurring payments platform, ultimately closing multi-year deals with major global enterprises. This isn’t going to be easy. We are creating a category that will change the way companies think about their payments and you will be a key part of our success. If that sounds interesting, read on.
What will you be doing?
Our vision is to fix recurring payments at a global scale, and as someone responsible for selling this vision to the biggest names in the world, you will be at the forefront of this.
An average week might entail:
- Travelling to meet prospective customers around North America
- Attending or speaking at a conference or hosting a small dinner with a group of CFOs to discuss the state of the payments industry
- Negotiating multi-year contracts with some of the world's largest and most innovative enterprises
An average day might entail:
- Closing multi-territory, multi-year deals with large global enterprises
- Identifying a set of accounts that meet this criteria
- Developing account plans, working with stakeholders in marketing to deliver those plans and building your network within those accounts
- Selling the value of our global payments platform and then developing opportunities through negotiation and contract closure
As a Global Enterprise Account Executive you'll be a leading example for the wider sales team, contributing to our overall awareness of the market and helping us identify how we can develop our product in the future.
You'll also be one of our first hires in North America, with an opportunity to shape our success in the region.
We want to give you all of the tools and skills you need to succeed and thrive. We run frequent sales training sessions across a range of topics - from best outreach practices to negotiation skills. In addition, you will be encouraged to identify skills you want to improve and we'll work with you to develop a plan to improve them.
Who are you?
- Someone who thrives where success isn’t guaranteed
- Someone who wants to sell to some of the largest companies in the world, globally
- Someone who enjoys sitting in a room with a senior VP or C-level executive of a global behemoth and saying “no, I don’t think that’s right. Let me show you how the world really works…”
- Someone who can see how global markets, socio-economic change and technology developments are having, or will have, an impact on a client’s ability to grow and retain customers
- Someone who wants to network within large organisations to identify the right people with problems that need solving today
- Someone who wants to change how companies do business
What will you be able to show?
- You achieved above 100% against sales target in at least two Saas companies selling to Enterprise.
- ‘Challenger Sale’ approach and structured methodology such as MEDDIC/TAS/Sandler
- You have sold on Value rather than price or coverage.
- You have built and executed Go-to-Market plans with marketing to win in new market sectors.
- Educated to degree level
- Can list more than 10 Enterprises successfully sold to.
- You’ve sold a product that didn’t exist in the market to customers who didn’t know they needed it, and did so at a global scale to the world’s biggest companies
- You’ve managed complex sales cycles in excess of 12 months, from initial contact, through the sales process, commercial and contract negotiation and onboarding
- You’ve brought on board your company’s largest value contracts and accounts and you did so with minimal brand recognition to open doors for you
- You built and owned the go-to-market strategy for your sector or territory, working closely with marketing and product teams
GoCardless have built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.