GoCardless are on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid and enable our customers to focus on what they are best at.
Today, we help over 40,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to collect payments, and we’re growing fast. We’re now processing more than $10B in payment volume pa, with offices in Paris, Munich and Melbourne. This year we plan to invest more into Iberia and North America.
Our HQ is in London and to date we have raised $122M in capital from some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel Partners, Balderton Capital, GV (Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures and Y Combinator.
The Iberia team
GoCardless have ambitious plans for Iberia. Unlike other players in the European payments landscape, we are focused solely on simplifying recurring payments. This focus allows us to create the best possible experience for merchants who take recurring payments, whether by improving their cashflow, saving time through automation or saving money vs. expensive credit card fees. Our global bank-to-bank network also makes it possible for Spanish merchants to collect seamlessly from customers in the UK, the Nordics and Australia and New Zealand and, soon, from the US and Canada.
We have seen rapid growth in our business in Iberia, driven by both direct and indirect channels (i.e., Partners). There are opportunities for expansion in a number of areas, but we are particularly excited about the potential in the invoicing market, where we have already seen some success, including with fast-growth companies like Podo and TravelPerk. Our partnerships with software platforms like Zoho and Domicilialo will also continue to be important as we scale.
We currently serve Iberia from our London HQ,
Based in our London HQ, you will be responsible for finding and closing new business and building new partnerships in Iberia. This will be done via your own efforts and supported by Marketing, Partnerships and Sales Development teams.
You will work to execute against GoCardless’ existing strategy in Iberia, while also helping to identify the most exciting potential opportunities - including with new customers, new verticals and new sales strategies. You'll manage inbound leads as the first point of contact for many new and growing businesses interested in GoCardless, and run outbound campaigns to reach merchants who may not be familiar with GoCardless.
GoCardless are still in the early stages of our growth in Iberia, giving you a huge opportunity to make an impact as we scale.
You should apply if:
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You have experience working in a Sales environment, ideally in a B2B context
- You are self-motivated with high energy levels and inspire others to work with you
- You deeply enjoy solving problems, but prefer preventing them
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you won’t need to code, you will be expected to have a detailed understanding of our API.
- You are comfortable working alone and in teams; you will be expected to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience prioritising between multiple important things.
- You put your clients first and ensure their needs are at the forefront of our efforts.
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.