Protect GoCardless from financial and reputational risk by conducting moderate to complex risk analysis, fraud investigations and underwriting account applications.
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over £7bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
We’ve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK and Europe and are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) and serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich and of course, London (our HQ).
We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
About the Team
Every day you’re working as part of a small, close-knit risk team, conducting moderate to complex risk analysis, fraud investigations and underwriting account applications, while ensuring compliance with onboarding guidelines/policies, in order to protect GoCardless from financial and reputational risk.
- Leading and shaping underwriting activities for high-risk merchant applications, upskilling colleagues and communicating decisions clearly and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders
- Controlling fraud losses by leading resolution of escalated risk alerts based on data analysis and improving existing risk model to detect fraud as early as possible
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction to internal and external stakeholders whilst resolving risk related complex queries
- Developing monitoring programmes for high-risk merchants to reduce financial exposure
- Building and maintaining relationships with Sales, Business Intelligence, Compliance, Legal and Support teams to ensure timely resolution to cross-functional issues
- Improving risk analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness
You’ll act as a risk advocate in order to reduce the risk exposure of GoCardless.
What we're looking for
- You are experienced in credit risk analysis and love shaping and improving processes and measuring its success
- You’ve worked in the payments, fintech or tech space and developed expertise/knowledge of this sector
- You are curious about the risk trends and about researching/finding technical solutions based on patterns/issues
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you “this is how we’ve always done it”
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Data production and manipulation is the base for everything you do - you are an expert in Excel and in SQL or Looker
- You have a proven record of improving internal processes, demonstrated by cost reduction and better customer experience
- You are a great team player, who has attention to detail and can perform tasks with accuracy
- You have the ability to read and interpret credit bureau reports and analyse corporate financial statements.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.