Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focussed on simplifying Direct Debit and opening up access to companies who could not previously use it. We already process over £6bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations. Small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like the Guardian use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our ambitions go beyond this: We want to break down barriers so that businesses can quickly and simply start taking payments from anyone, anywhere in the world.
We’re executing against this plan. Recently, we expanded the ability for merchants to collect in Europe, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, and we opened offices in Paris, Melbourne and Munich. Over the coming year, we’ll continue our global expansion as we create a global network for recurring payments.
We’re London-based, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
You’ll act as our General Counsel’s right hand to ensure delivery of the Legal & Compliance team’s goals. This includes delivering against our Geo and Scheme expansion plans, establishing or working with the team to establish KPIs to track our performance and striving to constantly ensure scalability and operational efficiency targets are met. Our team has a reputation for being efficient and at the leading edge of legal technology - we want to continue the trend, and improve our user experience.
You will also act as liaison between the Legal and Compliance team and the rest of GoCardless (other Operations teams, as well as Product, Sales and Marketing) in order to improve cross-company processes - especially those owned by the Legal and Compliance team.
This role offers a unique opportunity to engage with a variety of key stakeholders on a wide range of topics, in an interesting field. This will initially be an individual contributor role.
Some of the main elements of this role will involve:
- Determining root causes for bottlenecks in our internal processes and recommending and implementing solutions
- Benchmarking, analysing, reporting on and recommending improvements for our supporting systems and processes
- Helping track and manage legal spend across a variety of areas, including pure legal spend as well as tooling
- Taking ownership of our tools - from shortlisting, through to implementation, to ensure scalability is achieved as GoCardless expands
- Defining, owning and reporting on leading and lagging KPIs to monitor our operational performance and provide insights to the team
- Developing detailed documentation for internal processes and identifying areas where efficiency gains can be made
- Preparing and analysing our weekly and monthly reports in collaboration with the team
- You will implement and improve on automation of operations tasks
- Coordinating complex projects, ensuring that GoCardless remains on track to meet its goals
What We're looking for
- You have experience with business and operational analysis
- You do not need a legal background, although may have had some contact with the legal world - perhaps whilst consulting. This job could also appeal to a lawyer who wants to move out of law into something more operational.
- Data production and manipulation is the base for everything you do - you are an expert in Excel
- You love tech and tools, and love exploring how they can contribute to efficiency and customer experience
- You project manage in your sleep and know which tools to use and how
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you “this is how we’ve always done it”
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You thrive on operational efficiency