GoCardless is creating the world’s first network for bank to bank payments, to rival credit and debit cards. With our powerful API and our global network of software partners, we’re on a mission to break down barriers, so businesses can take recurring payments easily, anywhere, in any currency.
Following several years of high organic growth, GoCardless has recently appointed a new CMO and is now embarking on expansion of our marketing capability across all areas of the marketing team, based from our global offices in London.
At the forefront of this, is a strategic opportunity to invest into the development of our digital experience. We are, therefore, looking for a Director of Digital Experience to head up this development. Given the strategic importance of this role, and its future potential, this position will report directly to the CMO.
The successful leader will lead the creation of a cross functional team to create and deliver our global digital experience strategy from acquisition to conversion and retention. This team will encompass digital marketing, user experience, design and the development resources charged with designing and delivering our digital experiences.
- Accountability for the acquisition of new customer merchants to our self-serve products through an optimised web presence and experience.
- Develop our SMB oriented site into a customer experience suitable for multiple personas and journeys including midmarket and enterprise customers and partners.
- Create and execute a strategy to deliver strong organic performance of GoCardless.com to attract visitors across all international Geos.
- Create an international site and domain strategy to support our expansion into markets across the world.
- Develop & deliver conversion rate optimisation of our site for revenue.
- Develop integrated journey paths that lead visitors to discover and use our products directly.
- Lead the strategy of developing our site for all audiences including customer self-serve, community forums & support.
- Implement data based strategy including Google Analytics and full traffic attribution.
This leader will be expected to deliver a business case to establish a team to deliver on these goals with resources ranging across site management, acquisition, SEO, conversion, analytics & optimisation specialists.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will have previous experience of delivering digital experiences for SaaS or E-Commerce sites working in collaboration with internal and external resources to bring together CX, design, development, delivery and optimization of visitor journeys.
- Repeat experience of building high performing domains internationally.
- Deep understanding of SEO and paid media performance.
- Proven experience at E-Commerce including revenue optimisation through subscriptions.
- A background in testing and optimisation of content and user journeys.
- Strong understanding of site performance internationally.
- Expertise in several digital disciplines such as media optimisation, content, optimisation &, social.
- Partnership experience with Google and media agencies. Vendor relationship management.
- Previous responsibility for subscriptions targets, revenue & budgets, building business cases, setting targets, overseeing agency relationships, managing pitches/RFPs etc.
- A demonstrable track record of data driven decision making. You will be able to show and speak to proof of being data driven, embedding data driven practices, driving and utilising insights.
- Above all a team player capable of leading collaboration with teams internally and externally to get the right results.
We welcome diversity of professional backgrounds– if you're unsure, do apply.