Protect GoCardless from financial and reputational risk by conducting moderate to complex risk analysis, fraud investigations and underwriting account applications.
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over £7bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
We’ve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK and Europe and are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) and serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich and of course, London (our HQ).
We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
About the team
Every day you’re working as part of a small, close-knit risk team, conducting moderate to complex risk analysis, fraud investigations and underwriting account applications, while ensuring compliance with onboarding guidelines/policies, in order to protect GoCardless from financial and reputational risk.
About the role
- Minimising fraud losses by resolving risk alerts based on data analysis through following GoCardless Risk policies and processes
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction to internal and external stakeholders whilst resolving risk related queries
- Performing underwriting activities for high-risk merchants applications and communicate decisions clearly and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders
- Developing monitoring programmes for high-risk merchants to reduce financial exposure
- Building and maintaining relationships with Sales, Business Intelligence, Compliance, Legal and Support teams to ensure timely resolution to cross-functional issues
- Maintaining fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness
You’ll act as a risk advocate in order to reduce the risk exposure of GoCardless.
You will be reviewing and resolving risk alerts to reduce losses, responding to merchant /internal stakeholder requests related to risk matters, providing data insight to help with decision making...
What we're looking for
- You are curious about the fraud trends and about researching/finding technical solutions based on patterns/issues
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you “this is how we’ve always done it”
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Data production and manipulation is the base for everything you do - you are an expert in Excel and in SQL or Looker
- You have a proven record of improving internal processes, demonstrated by cost reduction and better customer experience
- You are a great team player, who has attention to detail and can perform tasks with accuracy
- You have the ability to read and interpret credit bureau reports and analyse corporate financial statements.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private health insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Training budget for your personal dev
- Breakfast, drinks and snacks
- Company lunch every month
- Volunteer time
- Yoga, football and basketball
- Plus many more
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.