We’re designing the future of recurring payments at GoCardless and we’re looking for a creative and passionate Senior Creative Designer to help us do it.
GoCardless is building a new global network for recurring payments. We’re linking together payment schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customers’ bank accounts. Our annual payment volume exceeds £7 billion, and we’re processing up to hundreds of thousands of transactions per day.
Design at GoCardless
It’s an exciting time to join us; we’ve grown from a start-up to a leading payments solution with an impressive track record of year-on-year growth. Working out from the headquarters in London, you'll join 300+ people in a passionate, data-driven and design aware environment. The Design function itself has grown from a small central team, into two strong disciplines with both Product and Communication Design working cross-functionally across the business.
Our designers come from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. If you’re unsure or even if you think your portfolio is not ready yet, please apply! We’d love to hear from you.
For an overview of the type of work we get up to, please take a look at gocardless.design
We’re looking for designers who believe in our values
Start with why.
Before beginning any project, you take a holistic view, using data and research to refine a brief and understand the problems you’re solving. You're aware of the technical implications of your design decisions, communicating with cross-functional teams to execute the creative.
You enjoy teamwork, empathise with team members and leave your ego at the door. You take shared ownership of projects and collaborate with designers, sharing knowledge and skills to always push our design forward.
You're meticulous and organised, taking pride in crafting every design, no matter the size. You enjoy exploring innovative ways to address problems and always look out for new processes to improve us as a function.
Act with integrity.
When faced with a difficult choice, you always do the right thing. Balancing user needs and business needs to arrive at the best solution.
What’s the role?
- You will be experienced creating designs across all channels including digital advertising, social, events, ebooks, presentations and websites where you’ll occasionally pair with Product Designers.
- You’ll be comfortable in creating and adapting designs to a high standard across all mediums – print, digital and motion.
- You'll work with stakeholders to ensure brand consistency both externally and internally.
- You'll help make our processes better. For example, implementing how we efficiently adapt our designs as we expand globally.
- You'll be working closely with Marketing to achieve the best way of landing our messaging.
- You'll work with designers to build out our brand to encapsulate the personality of GoCardless.
- With the Creative Design Manager, you'll help prioritise and allocate jobs for the team, ensuring projects are correctly cast.
- You’ll be happy to get stuck into the smaller tasks as well as enjoying the more significant challenges.
- You’ll build relationships with external services such as photographers, illustrators and printers to ensure our output is eye-catching and innovative.
- Experience with design practices both structure-oriented (creating and implementing design systems, brand standards, templates, brochures, signage etc…) and surface-oriented (using design theories such as colour and typography to push the boundaries of the brand).
- Experience in an enablement set-up, helping to schedule, prioritise and complete projects requests from the business.
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales stakeholders.
- Experience adapting creative to various formats across multiple touchpoints.
- Experience with applying best practices to ensure designs are on-brand and executed to a high standard.
- A portfolio of your work with examples of structure-oriented and surface-oriented communication design across print, digital and motion.