GoCardless is creating the world’s first network for bank to bank payments, to rival credit and debit cards. With our powerful API and our global network of software partners, we’re on a mission to break down barriers, so businesses can take recurring payments easily, anywhere, in any currency.
GoCardless is stepping up its marketing in 2019 and taking our proposition around the world. At the heart of our marketing strategy is an educational content programme that informs and engages our audiences.
We’re looking for an outstanding Content Writer to support this programme, delivering content that helps to make us the leading advice platform for businesses taking recurring payments around the world.
As Content Writer for GoCardless, you’ll help deliver on our global content strategy, making GoCardless the go-to content destination for businesses taking recurring and invoice payments around the world.
Think multimedia newsroom: working with the rest of the Global Content team, you’ll create regular content which bring to life our editorial focus areas across different formats, from blogs and guides to podcasts, videos, quizzes and calculators.
You’ll be passionate about creating expert, share-worthy content that drives organic traffic to our websites across all our markets, engages our audiences and supports demand generation activities.
A natural storyteller, you’ll help to unearth compelling stories about our people, products, partners and customers: from how GoCardless is enabling customers to scale, to how our engineers create a best-in-class API.
You’ll deliver on our content mission by creating persona-driven content for marketing campaigns, as well as always-on content for our Blog & Guides site.
You’ll liaise with translators and our international marketing colleagues to make sure central content is leveraged in different markets, to support our marketing efforts around the world.
Metric-driven, you’ll monitor traffic, downloads and other KPIs to understand the impact of your content and help inform future content pieces.
We’ve built a friendly, inspiring culture where we hire and develop visionary people that share our dream to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and will support you to develop and expand your role as the team continues its rapid growth.
What we're looking for
- Creative with plenty of content ideas
- A strong writer and a natural storyteller
- You understand how to optimise content for online search
- You understand what makes good ‘social’ content
- Analytical approach to understanding content performance
- Experience in producing multimedia content like videos, podcasts, quizzes and calculators
- Experience with digital content management systems
- Collaborative, naturally curious and a good relationship-builder
- Someone that thrives in a dynamic, fast-moving business
- Experience working with translators and/or localising content for different markets is desirable
- Additional European languages not required by desirable
We welcome diversity of professional backgrounds– if you're unsure, do apply.
In your application, please submit one relevant example of your written work in addition to your CV and cover letter.