GoCardless’ vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you’re using.
Today, we help over 35,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to collect payments, and we’re growing fast. Already in 2018 we’ve opened offices in France and Australia, with another to follow soon in Germany. Our strategic partnerships with market-leading platforms such as Zuora, Xero and Chargebee have been critical to our global success and have allowed us to work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our HQ is in London and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
The ANZ team
GoCardless have ambitious plans for Australia and New Zealand. Unlike other players in the ANZ payments landscape, we are focused solely on simplifying recurring payments. This focus allows us to create the best possible experience for merchants who take recurring payments, whether by improving their cashflow, saving time through automation or saving money vs. expensive credit card fees. Our global bank-to-bank network also makes it easier than ever for Australian and New Zealand businesses to collect seamlessly from customers in other parts of the world.
Having launched in the summer, we are tracking significantly ahead of where our UK business was at a comparable stage of maturity. We expect to grow further through a combination of direct and indirect channels (i.e., Partners). There are opportunities for expansion in a number of places, but we are particularly excited about the potential to grow with Xero, whose installed base across Australia and New Zealand have been a key focus area of our GTM activity, and with Zuora, with whom we have seen success in Europe.
We have had a physical presence in ANZ since September, initially with a seconded team of 3 Sales and Marketing professionals based in Melbourne and managed by a Country Lead. We are now building this team out as we prove product-market fit and seed volumes.
You will be responsible for scaling and managing the GoCardless team in ANZ. Working closely with senior stakeholders across the business, you will help us to shape, execute and then report against our go-to-market strategy. You will build a dynamic and collaborative culture, which draws on our company-wide values but takes into account the things that make Australian and New Zealand businesses distinctive.
GoCardless are still in the early stages of our growth in Australia and New Zealand, giving you a huge opportunity to make an impact as we scale.
Day to day, you will:
● Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy in Australia and New Zealand, working closely with the GC management team
● Shape the overall hiring plans for ANZ and be responsible for hiring against them
● Execute all aspects of line management for the ANZ Sales team (including target setting, reporting, compensation and professional development), while providing guidance on priorities for locally-situated Marketing and Operations FTEs
● Report to the CRO and broader management team on key leading and lagging performance indicators for the ANZ business
● Be responsible for forecasting the performance of the ANZ business
● Build relationships with key local Partners (Xero, Zuora, Chargebee)
● Build relationships with key stakeholders in the tech/Payments ecosystem (regulators, influencers etc.)
You should apply if:
● You are an experienced General Manager and have a track record of successfully scaling businesses in ANZ, preferably in a SaaS or FinTech environment
● You have built significant revenue through a Partner channel, particularly an ISV channel
● You are a SaaS Sales leader, with deep expertise in value-based selling and a focus on continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Sales processes
● You have worked closely with Marketing leaders to define and execute a
co-ordinated go-to-market strategy in ANZ
● You have excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills and are capable of dynamically assessing and adjusting your team’s priorities
● You are a strong team player and are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders across a global organisation
● You are passionate about building culture
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.